MTS 1, Software EngineerShanghai, China Requisition Number R0015118
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
- Lead the Architecture design for next generation of Marketing Feeds/EP/Paid Social Platform
- Technical lead for new and existing product initiatives, contributes to technology direction, develops architecture and influences implementation to gain measurable business improvements.
- Define, design, implement, unit test and debug complex, multi-tier distributed software applications for eBay Internet marketing.
- Implement proof-of-concept prototypes for data collection, analysis, and presentation.
- Understands the broader business context around their area and provide intelligent solution.
- Work with manager, engineers, product management and Operation team to design and implement application features.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan execution cycles and rollout system changes.
- Develop industry and product technical expertise.
- Work closely with the other Product Development teams in US.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- 10+ years’ work experience in software development area with at least 5+ years’ experience in Java programming.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Excellent problem solving skills, can triage and resolve critical tech issues without supervision.
- Expertise required in large scale distributed system. Knowledge of Hadoop/HBase/Spark and experience in design or big data processing applications design is a BIG plus.
- Familiar with Internet Marketing and optimization products, Experience of SEM, SEA, SEO is preferred;
- Solid DB skills, data mining expertise are preferred.
- Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus in a high velocity, high quality environment.
- Strong communication skills in Oral and Written English.
- Working Experience in Multi-national Company is a plus.
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.
View our accessibility info