MTS2 Software EngineerShanghai, China Requisition Number R0034093 Subsidiary eBay
- Design, Architect and Develop data solutions to help product and business teams to make data driven decisions
- Lead end-to-end efforts to design, development and implementation data integration processes for data Warehouse
- Influence overall strategy and roadmap to architect & build a scalable insights solution as well as data warehouse environment
- Interface closely with data infrastructure and engineering teams to build and extend cross platform ETL and reports generation framework
- Provide consultative solutions approach to business partners such as Analysts, Management, End Users and Developers to clarify objectives, determine scope, drive consensus, identify problems and recommend solutions
- Support end users on ad hoc data usage and be a subject matter expert on functional side of the business
- Strong communication skills and willingness to take initiative to contribute beyond basic responsibilities
- Frequently interfaces with architecture and data infrastructure teams.
- Influences Vice President on product or tech direction.
- Highly visible across major Engineering organizations, and regularly visible through external forums such as conferences, workshops, or open source initiatives.
- Provides leadership to others, particularly junior Engineers who work on the same team.
- Passionate about data
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Expertise in database programming
- Familiar with data movement techniques and best practices to handle large volume of data
- Experience with Agile, web services, unix and data mining systems
- Knowledge of NoSQL and Big Data solution
- ETL development experience is preferred.
- Experience with data warehousing architecture and data modeling best practices
- Strong programming skills with understanding of performance, scalability, concurrency, scaling and extensibility.
- Experience with File Systems, server architectures, and distributed systems
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: