Software Engineer 3Shanghai, Shanghai Requisition Number R0019174 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
- Be the technical and process leader for end-to-end site reliability functions from detection to diagnosis to mitigation.
- Be the bridge leader in times of major incidents, armed with strong, calm, level-headed command and control bridge presence.
- Ability to diagnose, formulate restoration path, and then execute as required.
- Write quality incident and restoration reports.
- Function in a highly-visible, fast-paced role with superb multi-tasking expectations.
- Jointly drive efforts to prevent site incidents from occurring or repeating.
- Jointly build tools and automation in the service of site operations, including but not limited to hands-on coding, product specifications, and acceptance tests.
- Provide technical leadership for continuous improvement in tooling and process.
- Work closely with Architecture, Engineering, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions to attain higher availability scalability and reliability.
- Apply technical & domain expertise to solving day to day challenges.
- More than five years of relevant experience as a hands-on site reliability engineer or equivalent with strong technical emphasis on datacenter, cloud, internet infrastructure operations.
- Hands-on expert-level experience in at least one of the following areas - Unix/Linux, network, load-balancers, other core internet infrastructure domains.
- Hands-on demonstrable coding experience using at least one of the following: Java, Python, Node.js.
- Excellent analysis, design, and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Proven results-oriented engineer in a high-velocity and dynamic environment is a must.
- Knowledge of networking, Unix/Linux, load balancers, DNS, other major Internet technology components is a must.
- Knowledge of technologies that are core to large and distributed systems like cloud computing, web services, multi-tier compute architectures is a plus.
- Experience building highly-automated infrastructure is a plus.
- Experience with virtualization, containers, various open source projects is a plus.
- Advanced level programming is a plus.
- This is a shift-based position. Weekend shift is routinely required.
- BS Degree in technical field or equivalent work experience required.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: