Sr. Product Manager - TechnicalShanghai, China Requisition Number R0028838 Subsidiary eBay
About eBay: As one of the original e-commerce giants, eBay is a marketplace that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating economic opportunity for all.
About the Payments Group: As eBay takes on the role of an end-to-end payments intermediary , the Payments group is chartered with building the whole payments infrastructure for eBay which will significantly improve the experience of our buyers and sellers while driving the next big strategic and revenue growth area for eBay.
About the Risk Team: As eBay gets into managing its own payments, it will also be exposed to a wide array of risks (fraud, chargeback, compliance, money laundering etc.). Thus “managing” these risks to acceptable levels will be critical for eBay for it to successfully handle payments. The Risk Management team is responsible for defining and implementing risk policies, rules, machine learning models and other defenses to minimize fraud related losses while improving overall GMV (Gross Merchandise Volume) for the company.
About the Role: As a Senior Technical Product Manager on the Risk Product Management Team, you will be responsible for building and improving one or more horizontal data and platform capabilities which will support risk and fraud detection and prevention for various marketplace functions like buying, selling, onboarding new sellers etc. You will work very closely with the eBay Platform Engineering team to drive development of Risk requirements into eBay wide infrastructure capabilities like EDW (Data Warehouse), Data Catalog, Link Detection with Graph Databases, Machine Learning Infrastructure, Vendor Data Gateways etc.
Besides working broadly across multiple technical domains, you will also work as a Product Owner with one or more scrum teams driving projects from conception to delivery and beyond.
What you will do:
· Synthesize product ideas from cross-functional teams and other Risk counterparts like Policy, Policy Operations, Rule writers and Decision Sciences
· As the Product Owner, provide clear product vision to your scrum team and co-lead the Agile scrum team with engineering counterpart to execute on roadmap with clear milestones.
· Define detailed product requirements and partner closely with Engineering to drive product development including sprint planning, story prioritization, product backlog grooming and roadmap creation
· Partner closely with Product Analytics team to collect data insights to measure improvements made to your product
· Evangelize the Risk platform and its capabilities to internal partners
· Work with engineering in assessing and choosing third-party technology solutions to meet business case and time-to-market requirements
· Monitor industry trends in emerging fraud trends in conjunction with cross-functional partners to identify new product opportunities
· Ability to manage multiple complex projects across cross-functional & distributed teams
What you will bring to the table:
· Minimum of 5 years of Product Management experience
· Bachelor’s degree in technical field, MBA preferred
· Strong analytical skills with good problem solving ability
· Effective decision making and ability to navigate ambiguity and make tradeoffs
· Familiarity with defining product strategy and working knowledge of agile practices
· Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate and present everything from early concepts to full product launch plans to your team, as well as to external and executive audiences
· Bonus: Prior knowledge of Risk or Payments domains; Positive “We will get it done” mindset!
Successful Product Managers at EBay are:
· Obsessed with improving customer experience on the EBay platform
· Passionate and Self-motivated with minimal supervision
· Not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty with details and do whatever is necessary to drive team success
· Results oriented and can articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: