Inventory Development & OperationsSingapore, Singapore Requisition Number R0027008 Subsidiary eBay
Inventory Development & Operations
In this role, you will own and drive inventory direction for eBay Southeast Asia (SEA) to identify key unique merchandising opportunities of competitive advantage for SEA Sellers to drive Gross Merchandise Volume (GMV) Sales. You will leverage on your strong data analytics /management capabilities to design and drive success from identification of merchandise to adoption of specific inventory with SEA Managed Sellers. You will manage and own metrics, databases, operations and business reporting with cross-functional stakeholder management.
- Identify and produce a continuous list of key unique merchandising opportunities to the most granular detail (Brand, Model, SKU level) in SEA through combination of external trade, retail, demand databases and internal eBay data warehouse analysis
- Keep abreast of important inventory merchandising demand and supply trends, competitor marketplaces merchandising strategies; retail consumer demands vs online consumer trends, etc.
- Design critical metrics, operating plan and cadence with functional teams to monitor and gain insights on the assortment, pricing, and inventory in order to drive sourcing, strategy and execution
- Maintain and optimize database, produce dashboards, visualization, merchandising reports and insights for internal and external stakeholders for execution
- Partner closely and drive success with internal cross functional teams like Product, Analytics, Trust and Risk, Compliance, Shipping and Seller Growth to build and bring on-board specific SEA competitive advantage inventory for adoption with Managed Sellers to improve inventory runway and increase GMV
- Develop expertise in identifying inventory, suppliers, merchants through looking into categories based on user needs and market benchmarks to enable capabilities to source and on-board inventories
- Take ownership of end-to-end project delivery, project management and lead operational reviews of key performance indicators with GMV sales, margin, sell-thru rate, etc.
- Support the development, implementation & execution of new business processes, planning tools and merchandise systems technology
- Forecast brand, category, and SKU level sales by taking into consideration merchandising strategy and other factors
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 5 years of work experience in category management at an online marketplace, revenue role at an e-commerce company, or experience at a strategy consulting firm
- Deep insight into Southeast Asia (SEA) market trends and economy
- Result driven project manager who can scope and manage a set of diverse projects, with a strong track record of delivering against aggressive timelines
- Strategic thinker who can develop strategic insights through rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Excellent communication skills both presentation and verbal which helps well engage with senior executives
- Strong project planning, tracking & organizing skills
- Excel application expertise with the strong ability to analyze/manipulate data, perform trend analyses and create reporting and other analytical and planning templates
- Working knowledge of HTML, SQL, Google Analytics; skilled with MS Word, Outlook, Power Point, and Excel
- Data management experience utilizing programming is a strong plus (e.g. SQL)
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: