Legal Counsel, Southeast Asia & IsraelSingapore, Central Singapore Requisition Number R0014916
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay’s Legal team is at the nexus of law and policy. As Legal Counsel, you will help shape the future of Internet policy, provide wise counsel on legal cases, and advocate on behalf of the company. Protect and defend everything we make and market. Ensure our brand image is consistently one of the most trusted by consumers. Weigh in on our strategic business decisions by enabling legal compliance and practice.
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative team player to join our legal department in Singapore. You will be providing general legal support for our fast-growing Southeast Asia & Israel Business Unit, and will act as a true business partner, collaborating with internal clients across the region on a diverse spectrum of issues.
- Working with business partners to understand, structure, negotiate and close commercial agreements.
Providing creative and practical advice across a wide range of subject areas, including marketing, product and regulatory compliance, corporate governance, strategic partnerships, intellectual property and privacy.
- Providing legal support for employment, ethics and compliance issues in cooperation with HR.
- Assisting our Government Relations team with legal developments and policy/regulatory issues related to the operation and regulation of eBay’s websites and businesses in Southeast Asia and Israel.
- Managing civil and criminal complaints/litigation and resolving user disputes.
- Managing outside counsel, including the co-ordination of legal budgets and spending.
- be qualified in Singapore (additional qualification in any other Southeast Asian jurisdiction is beneficial);
- have at least 4 full years of experience in the areas of international e-commerce law, IT, IP, employment, privacy and/or international business transactions, with a solid grounding in soft IP and data protection/privacy law (in-house experience at an Internet company is a plus);
- have outstanding English-language communication, analytical and drafting skills (proficiency in either Bahasa Indonesia or Hebrew is a bonus);
- be team-oriented and possess a strong sense of independence, humour and high tolerance for ambiguity, given that the work environment is fast-paced and requires flexibility and creativity;
- embrace the use of technology in the delivery of legal services; and
- be curious about the intersection of law, technology and commerce.
View accessibility info here
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.