Director Partner Management, APAC RegionSydney, Australia Requisition Number R0026669 Subsidiary eBay
As the ebay Marketplaces Global Customer Experience team has integrated Partner management and moved towards a cross network based model of managing the customer experience, teammate engagement and network performance, the Head of Partner Management (Americas), will bring together the various elements of the Partner Network Performance and relationships.
This role will serve as a single point of ownership, under the leadership of the Global Partner Management executive team, for the delivery and execution of key strategic priorities and performance across our Americas partner network. While the role has a regional focus, working closely with global stakeholders, suppliers and customers to ensure the delivery of functional results as well as shared objectives will be key.
The complexity associated with working across many business units as well as internal and external partners and support functions requires the recruitment of an experienced leader – The Head of Partner Management, Americas. With key challenges to deliver efficiency, budget and customer experience targets along with the delivery of the Global Customer Experience strategy to become the best, the creation of this role supports those ambitions.
The Head of Partner Management, Americas will be accountable for the Partner Network performance for supply, Onboarding, contracts and the overall health of the network across partners based onshore and nearshore in North America. They will share accountability with their main internal customers – the Service Delivery leaders for each of our Business Unit team in GCX for the delivery of nCSAT, Service Level, Cost to Serve and First Contact Resolution.
This role will be people leadership role leading a direct team of Vendor Managers and an indirect, virtual team based on projects and initiatives as required. Clear experience and ability of motivating, inspiring, coaching and developing subject matter experts as well as leaders will be a key component of the role. This Leader will inspire and build effective teams dedicated to meeting the highest levels of performance within a complex environment. This includes motivating, building, coaching and developing a future oriented team into a highly responsive team capable of being inventive, challenging the status quo and working as a cohesive group to meet the needs of all customers.
The Head of Partner Management, Americas will be accountable for:
- Leads and coordinates our Partner Management efforts with a focus on the North America, UK and APAC customer support with APAC based partners
- Responsible for the business, commercial and contractual relationship with all APAC and NA partners
- Drive accountability of partner teams on delivery against eBay requirements; capacity plans, hiring, training, staff retention, projects and change readiness.
- Lead the activities and performance of a Partner Management team who support other specific partners and Lines of business (LOB)
- Define clear objectives, milestones and measurements for the NA partner management team and ensure that these objectives are customer focused and business driven.
- Owner of Change Control process between Partners and GCX – includes communication of all volume, service management and customer metric targets
- Ensure HC planning details are communicated to Partners in a standardised and timely manner
- Working with Partners and internal stakeholders to agree what a Partner commits in terms of capacity to be delivered
- Responsible for all billing processes and billing accuracy
- Stakeholder relationship mgmt (internal and towards partner)
- Manages and facilitates operating rhythms and cadence for relationship between GCX and Partner
- Escalation point for partner identified issues and improvement opportunities
- Drive metric performance in line with agreed targets - Primary POC between GCS and Partner for new pilot roll-outs and plays active role in agreeing priorities for Partner
- Leadership assessment, diagnostic and solution support between Partners and internal teams
- Drives continuous improvement across the network, both with our partners and with internal stakeholders, suppliers and partners.
- Key member of the North America leadership team as well as the Global Partner Management team, with significant value add and contribution in a range of activities to develop this team and function.
- Authentic individual with impeccable integrity, whose personal and professional values are consistent with eBay’s mission, vision and leadership framework.
- Egoless style: someone who puts the interests of the broader team and eBay’s goals ahead of their own personal agenda.
- Confident, well prepared leader with the courage to advance the goals of the organization at the senior level and who is comfortable in fast‐paced global environment.
- Vibrant, performance‐driven individual who will pursue excellence in translating eBay’s passion vision/mission of the organization into operational, quantitative plans, goals and schedules for improvement.
- Collaborative facilitator, who develops relationships and loyalty with his/her colleagues across all business functions and levels.
- Team oriented consensus builder who understands how to achieve buy‐in from diverse constituencies, building bridges and designing “win‐win” solutions across a matrix management organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to partner and build relationships with executive leadership, managers and all levels of co-workers.
Experience & Education Requirements
- 20+ years post university experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in commerce and/or internet, high tech and international environments
- 10+ years in leading and managing customer service teams to high performance and engagement
- 10+ years in managing outsource partnerships, commercials, contracts and performance
- A track record of customer experience performance and innovation across channels, topics, regions and labour models
- Significant budget management experience and evidence of delivering complex change in a highly matrixed environment a plus
- MBA or equivalent is a definite plus for this role.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: