NSW Regional Manager - Automotive SalesSydney, Australia Requisition Number R0031082
Gumtree is Australia's local marketplace, connecting buyers and sellers in the local community to buy, sell and find almost anything across hundreds of categories – including: Home & Garden, Cars, Jobs and much more.
We have a dynamic office in the Sydney CBD and have a strong collaborative culture.
Gumtree is part of the eBay Classified Group. Founded in London in 2000, Gumtree is today the UK’s leading classified site, with over 14.5m unique visitors every month and over 9.5m app downloads. The platform enables people to trade everything from cars to home items and find jobs, local services, community events and even somewhere to live.
You will have previously worked with the car dealer community, have solid dealer relationships and in-depth understanding of the car marketplace in Australia. We are looking for some to have the ability to identify and translate challenges into business opportunities that provide benefit to your clients and to Gumtree.
On a day to day basis you will be accountable for growing and retaining yearly subscription revenue and leading a sales team. You’ll be backed up by team of account managers to ensure that our dealer community is receiving amazing service from Gumtree.
If you have a passion for Cars, experience working in or with the car dealer community and love to win, we want to hear from you, as there has never been a more exciting time to join Gumtree Cars. We are on a strong growth trajectory and are just getting started.
What we are looking for
- Develop and implement strategy for one of our largest regions by reviewing information to identify high-level opportunities.
- Continue to grow on revenue under management and support the acquisition of new revenue
- Build positive relationships with the leaders of the automotive industry
- Grow a team of BDMs, providing direction, planning and coaching
- Identify market risk and establish plan to mitigate
- Can develop concepts and collateral that will professionalise the Gumtree Cars brand
- Focus on the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation within existing assignments, and long-term strategic goals.
- Discuss advertising solutions with the customer; understand and promote Gumtree products and services relevant to each customer’s business objectives
- Prepare powerful business presentations utilizing data and insights
- Feed market insights and data from dealers back into the Gumtree team to help guide decisions making
- Responsible for top client communications & conflict resolution.
- Maintain strong knowledge of new and existing Gumtree product offerings as well as new products in the market, industry trends and new developments; understands current conditions within the marketplace.
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor degree or equivalent level of experience
- Experience with communicating with C-level professionals and decision makers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels.
- Strong prospecting, negotiating and closing skills
- Self-motivated, strong organisational and time management skills
- Ensures that client issues are dealt with in a dedicated manner while maintaining excellent customer relations.
- Experience in digital sales, cars/motors industry high advantage
- Prior experience in growing high performing sales team
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: