Senior Business Development ManagerSydney, Australia Requisition Number R0027330 Subsidiary Gumtree
Who We Are
Gumtree is Australia’s local marketplace connecting buyers and sellers in the local community to buy, sell and find just about everything – from furniture and housewares, to cars and clothing, electronics and business services, and jobs and real estate. There are more than 3 million listings across hundreds of categories and 95,000 new ads are listed every single day.
Gumtree launched in Australia in 2007 and is part of eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) – a global collection of brands. Our purpose is to empower people and create economic opportunities for all.
Who You Are
Reporting directly to the Head of Commercial Development, the Senior Business Development Manager will be responsible evaluation and selection of finance partners. Your key mission is to develop a framework to evaluate key finance partners and project lead their implementation into the Gumtree offering.
If you have experience working in business development strategy, a self-motivated worker and an understanding of the finance market, we want to hear from you, as there has never been a more exciting time to join Gumtree. We are on a strong growth trajectory and are just getting started.
Your Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Responsible for successfully implementing next premier Financing businesses models.
- Develop a deep understanding of lender needs and their incentive structure.
- Negotiate with Partners and agencies to bring the business to life by applying a test & learn mentality.
- Together with the eCG New Business team, you will drive the launch, execution and scaling of Financing Models across AU platforms
- Demonstrate your previous program management experience to understand our current environment and challenge our normal to expose unseen opportunities in Australia as well as internationally.
- Lead complex functional projects by fostering a team mentality, providing clear business communication internationally, and maintaining focus to ensure the most favorable outcome for the project.
- Lead and drive the execution of all phases of the business lifecycle; this includes reaching Product/Market Fit, Scaling the Business and using Efficiencies and Harmonies
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline
- 7 years+ experience
- Ability to combine the internal company assets and constraints with external market realities
- Strong experience in building up new business
- Strong communicator and negotiator, who can build relationships with senior levels of business.
- Ambitious spirit to help us craft our growth initiatives internationally
- Shown experience in working in a startup and dynamic environment
- Ability to build business cases and put forward recommendations
- Hands-on experience or at least willingness to learn to combine modern customer development methods with classical strategic evaluations
- Validated track-record of being able to drive forward complex projects in multinational setups across distributed teams
- Experience in the Financing, or FinTech highly preferred
- Experience gained in a multinational organization, preferably an internet business
- Ability to lead multiple medium/large projects simultaneously in a multinational matrixed organization
- Highly organized and proficient at keeping partners informed
- Adept at pitching business potentials and inspiring team members into action
- Fluent at task definition and delegation to team members
- Comfortable communicating complex facts to both authorities and novices.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of a large internet/e-commerce business to include familiarity with Business Development, Product/Technology and Regulations
What do we offer?
- Dynamic team with exciting personalities, real passion for e-commerce and integrity
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled team
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, laptop.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: