Strategic Partnerships ManagerSydney, Australia Requisition Number R0030077 Subsidiary eBay
Who we are?
Join an existing and successful marketplaces sales team whose purpose is to on-board top tier and strategically important retailers and brands onto eBay.com.au.
Our world-class sales and account management organisation at eBay thrives on developing mutually beneficial strategic partnerships with a focus on delivering continuous innovation and amazing solutions.
In this role, you are directly responsible for the engagement and acquisition of identified large and strategically important retailers onto the eBay marketplaces platform.
With the explosive growth of digital commerce, eBay Australia is seeking a high caliber, solution sales Strategic Partnership Manager to join the commercial sales team.
You will have a hunger and determination for winning new business, be passionate about digital commerce, knowledge and experience within the retail industry, and have a genuine interest in ecommerce. Using your superior B2B sales expertise, you will engage directly with key strategic clients to close the deal in a means that is beneficial to all parties in the most professional manner. You will implement your extraordinary consultative sales skills to communicate and negotiate with the most senior executives of Australia’s leading enterprise organisations.
- Work with the Commercial Director to develop and implement a strategic acquisition plan to aggressively drive eBay’s growth with enterprise merchants
- Demonstrate a strategic and data-driven approach to building robust, convincing and appealing partnership proposals/pitches for presentation, that are tailored to each individual brand/retailers’ needs and business priorities
- Sell the eBay solution to a defined list of targets and demonstrate an ability to build senior relationships up to C level across multiple functions and divisions with all customers and negotiate commercial terms, contracts and close deals with strategically important and enterprise retailers
- Gain merchant commitment to deliver competitive selection, pricing and product selection on eBay marketplace platform
- Ability to effectively manage a pipeline with regularly shifting priorities and urgencies, and be an organised administrator working within a defined sales process with continued momentum and focus throughout short, medium and long sales cycles
- Document all communication with merchants in an accurate and timely manner whilst ensuring key highlights are communicated and clearly understood by key internal stakeholders internally
- Build strong relationships internally (finance, compliance, legal, marketing, product and integration) to enable efficient interaction between eBay and the customer
- Effectively cross sell and up sell full eBay Inc. value proposition
What we are looking for
- Personal Qualities, Knowledge, Experience and Skills RequiredCandidate must have a genuine passion for retail, technology and eCommerce
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or a related field. Master’s Degree a bonus
- Seasoned experience in Sales & Business Development “hunting”, ideally in a strategic and consultative style sales role
- Experience in face to face interaction and negotiation with executive decision makers within top companies in Australia
- Highly effective communication skills to work with a variety of internal eBay teams, and excellent presentation skills with both customers and senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Familiar with eBay sites and businesses; and/or broader retail, marketplace and e-commerce experience a strong-plus. Enthusiasm for these areas a must
- Aptitude to thrive in a high-energy, dynamic environment
- Results & financially driven, analytical, self-motivated & a “hands on” person with proven ability to meet objectives and exceed targets
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team – although the role will see the person interacting with many levels and across several disciplines, it is important that this person be able to self-manage and show initiative by being proactive
- A great sense of humor & fun to work with
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: