Country Manager JapanTokyo, Tokyo Requisition Number R0029443 Subsidiary StubHub
POSITION: Country Manager Japan
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people through inspiring event experiences. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience.
StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
We are looking for a Country Manager to run all aspects of our Japanese business – including prioritizing marketing plans and strategies, securing inventory at advantageous terms, establishing strategic business opportunities with partners, managing complex real-time commerce operations, and providing clear direction on technology needs to achieve the business goals.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Key member of StubHub’s International leadership team.
- Leverage eBay Inc properties in market with key partner management
- Build and lead an operating team, which will drive their Country P&L.
- Meet transactional sales targets for the entire business unit, including partnerships budgets dedicated to partner incentives as well as marketing budgets.
- Ultimately responsible for financial performance for the Country.
- Coach and develop your team to help them realise their potential, and model strong leadership for all employees to ensure that the organization has the competencies, bandwidth and capability to serve the rapidly growing and changing entertainment industry.
- Defining clear objectives, landmarks and measurements for operations, ensuring that these objectives are regionally and globally aligned, customer and partner focused and business driven.
- Identify where we need to innovate as a business to lead the commerce marketplace and challenge the business appropriately, to consider new and creative ways to add value to our partners, customers, and partners.
- Participate in the development and execution of strategic plans with the StubHub leadership team.
- Lead and direct a business development team to secure market opportunities, guided by business trends and competition while maximising resource investment.
- Use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems and arise at effective solutions. Probe all meaningful sources for answers and can get to the root cause of the issue. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Can make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Strong external speaker and able to communicate effectively across Government relations and media.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in an appropriate field is required. MBA a plus.
- Track record of experience in music, sports or entertainment in business operations, preferably with 3 years of these as the operational leader at Senior Management level.
- Native/bilingual level Japanese and fluent English language skills.
- Experience delivering strategic solutions in the fast-moving industry.
- Experience leading and operating a P&L in a global environment.
- Confirmed ability to drive consistency in leadership, policies and processes across multiple operational units.
- A global business perspective.
- Strong deal-making, business development and partnership background with the ability to lead multiple locations.
- Strong operational and process skills that are outcome and performance focused.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and negotiation skills in a sales environment.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships and to influence peers, managers, business unit leaders and other teams.
- Strong leadership, motivation and people skills.
- This position will require international travel from time to time.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself