Advertising Consultant - Inside SalesToronto, Ontario Requisition Number R0018647 Subsidiary Kijiji
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Kijiji, part of the fast-growing eBay Classifieds Group at eBay, is the number 1 online Classifieds site in Canada. Reaching more than half of the monthly on-line population, we are one of Canada’s Top 10 digital properties and a leader in helping people find and trade goods and services, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We have succeeded because we behave like a dynamic start-up, have end-to-end control of our business, and hire the best and brightest people. We have a fun, unique, and engaging culture in our new, stylish office located in the historic King and Spadina neighborhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with twelve brands in over 20 countries and more than 1,000 cities around the world. We have built the world’s most successful classifieds company through strong local brands that help people find whatever they’re looking for in their communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust. eBay Classifieds Group combines the entrepreneurial energy of a start-up with the resources and trusted leadership of a major corporation. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun that keeps egos in check.
Kijiji.ca is a star performer within the eBay Classifieds portfolio and the #1 online Classifieds site in Canada, with more than 3X the traffic of the next largest competitor. We receive nearly 11 million unique visitors every month (~40% of all Canadian internet users) and have around 6 1/2 million live classifieds listings.
We have succeeded because we think and behave like an aggressive start-up and only hire the best and brightest people! Kijiji was launched in Montreal and Quebec City in February 2005. In November 2005, Kijiji expanded across the rest of Canada and is now in over 100 cities coast to coast.
We are growing, and are looking for a talented professional with a passion for new business to join the team in Toronto as an Advertising Consultant.
Account management and sales within the Autos Vertical @ Kijiji Canada. Delivering new customers - expanding share of wallet with existing clients and maintaining acceptable churn levels with existing customer base.
Role and responsibilities:
• Consistently meets monthly and quarterly sales revenue and retention targets by developing and implementing strategic sales plans
• Grows company revenue through effective and impactful service recommendations that increase the value of the Kijiji Jobs proposition
• Providing solid client relationship management by acting as a true business partner to our clients
• Using a consultative style of selling with focus on ROI and value creation
• Responsible for the full sales cycle starting from profiling existing clients, understanding their business needs, negotiating, developing proposals, asking for and closing business
• Ensuring clients are aware of how to best utilize the site and take advantage of their online advertising solutions on Kijiji
• Preparing regular sales report forecasting through CRM (Salesforce)
• Delivering sales presentations to key clients in coordination with maintaining relationships, negotiating and closing deals.
• Communicating to a high standard with clients at all levels of the business
Desired skills and experience:
• Self-driven with a strong work ethic and time organizational skills
• Polished Sales Skills – Needs qualification, cultivating relationships, negotiating/closing business, objection handling
• Background in web based advertising – SEO, and SEM, banners, web search, digital media etc.(preferred but not necessary)
• Previous experience buying, selling or listing on Kijiji is a necessity
• During the first 30 days learn about the business, the team, products and associated tools (e.g. ) to enable success in your role.
• Plan your territory and contact management schedule, understand the business critical importance of Kijiji and online advertising exposure for your accounts
• During the first 60 days make discovery calls with key decision makers that are qualified and will generate revenue. Spending at least 15 hours on the phone each week and present solutions to key decision maker(s) with the view of closing business in line with and/or exceeding your monthly and quarterly quota.
• By the end of 60 days you will be able to have a clear understanding and be able to effectively communicate the Kijiji value proposition, the elevator pitch and understand how we will make our clients more successful
• You will also have started to generate a pipeline of current and future business based on your initial value proposition conversations
• After 90 days you will have a solid pipeline of reasonable opportunities and reliably forecast in a transparent manner enabling you to reach
View our accessibility infoR0018647
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.