Data Insights AnalystToronto, Ontario Requisition Number R0022381
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Kijiji, part of the fast-growing eBay Classifieds Group at eBay, is the number 1 online Classifieds site in Canada. Reaching about half of the monthly national online population, we are one of Canada’s Top 10 digital properties and a leader in helping people find and trade goods and services, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We have succeeded because we behave like a dynamic start-up, have end-to-end control of our business, and hire the best and brightest people. We have a fun, unique, and engaging culture in our new, stylish office located in the historic King and Spadina neighborhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with eleven brands in over 17 countries and more than 1,000 cities around the world. We have built the world’s most successful classifieds company through strong local brands that help people find whatever they’re looking for in their communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust. eBay Classifieds Group combines the entrepreneurial energy of a start-up with the resources and trusted leadership of a major corporation. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun that keeps egos in check.
We are currently searching for a Data Insights Analyst to join our Autos team. The Data Insights Analyst partners with business unit clients to address strategic and operational questions facing the business including high touch client performance, user behavior, supply and demand dynamics, and product / marketing efficiency. We are looking for someone who enjoys the technical aspects of coding, data analysis, solving complex problems, and data advocacy to solve exciting business problems, as well as interacting with our staff and senior leaders to drive business results. In this position, you will design queries to extract from over 50 petabytes of data in eBay’s data systems, and analyze this data to assist our sales teams in deciphering our complex marketplace to help our clients succeed
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Support and develop data analysis frameworks that will support daily/monthly/quarterly refreshes of marketing materials and collateral. Assist in the initial development of innovative data reports
- Develop and deliver data visualizations and reports, algorithms, models, and dashboards. Leverage existing data sets to provide predictive information, and experiment with data to find useful correlations
- Create descriptive and / or predictive models to directly support thought leadership and brand education. Assess and confirm performance of visualizations, models and analysis
- Ongoing collaboration with Commercial stakeholders to understand drivers and needs
- Ongoing evaluation of available structured and unstructured data sets. Perform advanced analytics from a variety of data sources (Teradata SQL, Hadoop Hive, Google Analytics)
- Assist in applying and executing new technology and tools specifically related to data extraction, aggregation, and presentation
- Design, develop and support next-generation data delivery, dashboards and visualizations, serving the needs of our full range of end users, from representatives on the sales floor to PR and external clients, to the executive leadership team
- 4 year degree in numerical or analytical field (Engineering, Math, Economics, Commerce)
- 3+ years of experience with business analysis and data analytics
- Must have experience with SQL and Hadoop (Hive). Nice to have: Working knowledge of any of R, SPSS, SAS, or MATLAB
- Experience with Tableau or other BI tools
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid analysis and problem solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Self-motivated with a high degree of intellectual curiosity and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated organizational skills & ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Positive attitude and impeccable work ethic
- Ability to easily adapt to frequently changing priorities
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: