Head of Business DevelopmentToronto, Ontario Requisition Number R0020807 Subsidiary Kijiji
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with eleven brands that span the Globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust. eCG combines the entrepreneurial energy of a start-up with the resources and trusted leadership of a major company, eBay. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun that keeps egos in check.
Are you an innovative and driven, detailed Business Development leader? Do you thrive on executing high-impact partnerships? Kijiji is now searching for a Business Development leader to join the team in Toronto.
Kijiji Canada is the number 1 online Classifieds site in Canada. Reaching more than half of the monthly online population, we are one of Canada’s Top 10 digital properties and a leader in helping people find and trade goods and services, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We have succeeded because we behave like a dynamic start-up, have end-to-end control of our business, and hire the best people. We have a fun, unique, and engaging culture in our new, stylish office located in the historic King and Spadina neighborhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
As the Head of Business Development, you will report to the Head of Commercial and also support the Head of Automotive.
In this role, you will be a critical “player-coach” role to negotiate on Kijiji’s behalf with strategic partners and to define the long-term partnerships plan for the growth of Kijiji across all of our verticals but with a focus on Autos.
You will have strong relationships within automotive and proven success with innovating and implementing commerce solutions that provide incremental value.
This is an exciting position that will enable you to utilise your ability to think strategically to deliver on strategic partnerships and business imperatives across our core buy & sell business, autos, real estate, services and jobs. You will possess effective interpersonal skills, be capable of building networks both internally across eCG and within the client industry and be comfortable with industry networking and representing Kijiji at all industry relevant events.
Your Responsibilities will Include:
- Identify and develop strategic partners partnerships and opportunities for strategic relationships that help accelerate Kijiji’s aggressive growth plans
- Initiate, structure, negotiate and close partnership deals that support Kijiji’s strategy and goals
- Ensure Kijiji achieves optimum structure, terms and conditions for each deal
- Build and lead a business development partnerships pipeline
- Own all aspects of partnership deals, including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale/pitch, financial modeling, due diligence and closing & integration activities.
- Collaborating with all key partners within the business, with heavy interaction with our Legal team (in-house and external council), as well as Product Management
- Set priority and sequencing for key deals
- Strong proven experience in business development and strategic partnerships, preferably with experience in Automotive and e-commerce
- Proven track record of successful successfully negotiating impactful, complex deals, including relationship management
- Experience with structuring customized deals
- Strong structured thinking and communication skills
- Ability to make recommendations with imperfect data
- Collaborative and committed to delivering results in a dynamic environment
- You will also have a sense of integrity, commercial agility, strategy, operational maturity, and accountability
- Self-confident, charismatic and can-do professional of stature. Someone who is passionate about Kijiji and a highly motivational leader
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself