Head of UX and DesignToronto, Ontario Requisition Number R0024236 Subsidiary Kijiji
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Are you motivated by the idea of shaping the User Experience of one of the most widely used online tools in Canada? Do you love the thought of solving problems for millions of Canadians, and joining the team that powers the second-hand economy in Canada? Do you use Kijiji, and are you already passionate about how you could make it better? If those are all true, then come lead our UX team!
• Shape Kijiji’s UX vision that will empower the lives of millions of Canadians
• Be an advocate for Design Thinking at Kijiji
• Oversee all phases of the design process across all product teams: research, conceptual design, prototypes, visual design and usability testing.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver a world-class customer experience
• Collaborate with Design leaders from other international markets within the eBay Classifieds Group to bring best practices to Canada
• Attract, mentor and retain awesome designers and researchers
• Articulate design rationale as a means to balance business goals and user needs
• Influential communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate your design concepts
• Strong analytical skills with a focus on customer centered design
• Excellent management and leadership skills, including great success stories of mentoring and coaching less experienced team members
• Proven track record of shipping outstanding customer experiences
• Comfortable working in an agile environment and an advocate of lean UX principles
• Ability to influence senior leaders and facilitate meetings at all levels within our organisation
• Experience designing for multiple platforms including mobile, desktop and tablet
• Outstanding experiences and achievements that set you apart from the crowd
• A degree of humility and a sense of fun
• Bachelor's degree preferred in any of the following: Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science, Information Architecture, New Media Design, Product and Interface Design or related field
• 8+ years experience of creating leading customer experiences, and several years managing design teams
• A strong portfolio demonstrating previous projects and design process
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself