iOS EngineerToronto, Ontario Requisition Number R0033184 Subsidiary Kijiji
Kijiji is the #1 online classifieds site in Canada. As one of Canada’s top 10 most-visited digital properties, we reach more than half of Canadian internet users monthly. We’re a leader in helping Canadians find and trade goods and services in their local communities, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We’re proud of our engaged, entrepreneurial and collaborative culture, and we were recently named one of the top Toronto Tech Employer Brands.2 Our stylish office is located in the historic King and Spadina neighborhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
- Write clean, well-tested and efficient code.
- Engage with the engineering team for technical decisions around designs, languages, and frameworks
- Participate in UX, product design, design reviews, and code reviews.
- Assist in keeping the technology stack running and maintainable through monitoring and documentation.
- Mentor and support junior developers.
- Be a participant in Agile ceremonies.
- You have 5+ years of native iOS software development, Android development experience would be a bonus!
- You are experienced working within Agile teams.
- You will need to provide feedback for the customer-facing product experience.
- You are familiar with REST APIs and interacting with server endpoints.
- You have a commanding grasp of Swift and Objective-C.
- You are aware of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations.
- You can demonstrate your design and UX sensibilities.
- You are flexible, adaptable, and able to autonomously handle various tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced, iterative development environment with short turn-around times.
- You are passionate about learning new technologies and willing to dig into problems.
- You can work both independently and in a team.
- You hold a degree in Computer Science or Engineering or have equivalent knowledge and experience.
- You are an excellent guide in the peer-review process.
Here are the tools and technologies you'll be using:
- XCode, Jenkins, Git, GitHub
- Swift, Objective-C
You’ll need to:
- Be ambitious
- Be product and value focussed
- Collaborate & Iterate
- Support and guide the platform
- Learn from everyone
- Be generous with what you know
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Kijiji is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself