iOS Mobile DeveloperToronto, Canada Requisition Number R0029085
How often do you get to work for a verb? - “I’ll Kijiji my couch… ”
We’re looking for thoughtful engineers with an eye for quality to join our team and help grow Kijiji while keeping our applications beautiful, fast, and delightful. We seek to hire those that amplify the work we do by sharing knowledge and experience with each other creating new ideas, ways of doing things as part of a world-class engineering organization.
We’re deeply committed to meaningful collaboration and not just practicing Agile, but truly being Agile. There is a difference. We value great thinkers, problem solvers, respectful communication, hard work, collaboration, and the sharing of ideas. Simply put, we need Amplifiers that go well beyond the average developer’s production.
iOS Developers will be responsible for executing agile product development within a cross-functional team of technologists, product experts, UI gurus and more. If you have experience collaboratively building mobile apps and user-centric experiences, we’d like to speak to you.
- Help architect, build, iterate and manage our apps
- Ensure that code is compliant with the latest design standards and best-practices
- Help to raise the overall skill and quality level through pairing and design/code reviews
- Push forward our testing strategy including unit and UI tests
- Partner closely with product management to continuously improve our app
- Keep legacy in check while being pragmatic about solutions
- Research and prototype new solutions to difficult problems
- Excellent knowledge of Objective-C, Swift, and iOS development.
- First-rate architectural design, coding and debugging skills.
- Strong know-how in object-oriented software design and design patterns
- Real life reference or open source projects (Github / Bitbucket / Stackoverflow Account)
- Strong understanding of REST architectural style and experience consuming RESTful APIs and RESTful Web Services
- Grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Awareness of client-side performance considerations
- Excellent interpersonal skills. You must be comfortable in small and large groups
- 3+ years application development
- 2+ years iOS (Objective-C / Swift)
Bonus Points For:
- Experience in e-Commerce
- Experience in online advertising technology
- Experience in mobile application development outside of iOS (React Native, Android, etc.)
- Experience building full-stack applications and/or APIs
- Experience with GraphQL
You’ll need to:
- Be bold
- Be product and value focussed
- Collaborate & Iterate
- Support and guide the platform
- Learn from everyone
- Be generous with what you know
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: