Operational Strategy Lead - CanadaToronto, Ontario Requisition Number R0029419 Subsidiary StubHub
POSITION: Operational Strategy Lead – Canada
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com(an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people to inspiring event experiences. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience. StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visit StubHub.comor follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebookand Instagramor YouTube.com/StubHub.
Fan First & StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, strategically focused, collaborative and data driven Operational Strategy Lead to join our Stubhub Canada team. This person will report to the Canadian General Manager and be accountable for both supporting existing work and developing new initiatives to continue the growth of the Canadian business.
The Operational Strategy Lead will report into the GM and will be based in Toronto.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the General Manager in building data driven strategies and business cases to value new opportunities and grow the overall business. Where necessary, present these ideas to key internal stakeholders at StubHub to gain acceptance and adoption.
- Have a detailed focus and viewpoints on industry trends and StubHub’s competitive position within it.
- Translate market data and analytical insights into a digestible and actionable format.
- Provide strategic context, process design/recommendation, and prioritization/decision-making structure to ensure success of initiatives.
- Collaborate with team members and cross-functional colleagues on analysis of opportunities.
- Be accountable for delivering priority initiatives/strategies (in partnership with cross-functional teams): build and own “go-to-market” work plans, share implications, highlight potential risks, make recommendations, and develop implementation plans.
- Identify and frame critical strategic and organization issues.
- Run and own weekly cross-functional meetings and produce all inputs for the GMs’ Weekly Business Review meetings with senior leadership. Coordinate company planning, proposals and other ad hoc output.
- Serve as voice of team and participate in ongoing projects as a stakeholder.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a combination of strategy and operations roles where you have owned the ideation and execution, preferably in a consumer related e-commerce business.
- 8+ years in management consulting, private equity, venture capital or similar roles.
- Sports and entertainment industry experience beneficial.
- Mastery at building consensus and influence among partners and cross-functional teams
- Blend of analytical intelligence and strategic vision.
- Exceptionally strong business and financial acumen; ability to pull data into strong business cases.
- Highly organized with proven ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Team player committed to delivering results in a fast paced environment.
- Deep expertise presenting structured recommendations to senior executives.
- Self-starter with natural curiosity & investigative skills who takes ownership to drive results.
- Passion for music, sports and entertainment.
- Masters degree, preferred, in business or relevant field.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself