Project Manager, AgileToronto, Ontario Requisition Number R0028864 Subsidiary Kijiji
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
Kijiji, part of the fast-growing eBay Classifieds Group at eBay, is the number 1 online Classifieds site in Canada. Reaching half of the monthly on-line population, we are one of Canada’s Top 10 digital properties and a leader in helping people find and trade goods and services, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We have succeeded because we behave like a dynamic start-up, have end-to-end control of our business, and hire the best talent. We have a fun, unique, and engaging culture in our new, stylish office located in the historic King and Spadina neighbourhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
Working with the Program Manager, the Agile Project Manager will facilitate the delivery of product iterations to our millions of users – focussing on continual process improvement and delivery of value via our engineering teams. Projects will involve multiple functions, various BUs and multiple geographies, so your ability to work collaboratively across teams will be of benefit.
Your Responsibilities & Accountabilities will Include:
- Facilitate/Lead Scrum Ceremonies (Daily Scrum, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, and Sprint Review) in a way that ensures full team engagement
- Be the champion of the Agile Framework & Scrum Methodology
- Act as a coach and mentor to members of your scrum teams - facilitate team development, mediate conflicts, protect the team and encourage healthy team dynamics
- Assists in dependency management and cross team coordination
- Removes impediments to the team’s ability to perform
- Build strong, positive relationships with Stakeholders
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised
- Shield the team from external interference and ensures the team is fully functional and productive
- Reporting: Provide accurate, understandable, and useful metrics reporting on sprint performance. Leverage those metrics to drive improvements and demonstrate performance.
- Monitor and report progress across teams
- Report and forecast how teams are tracking against commitments
- Hold all areas of the business accountable for commitments (Product management, Design, Technology, Analytics, Sales, etc.)
- Coach on the processes and ensure teams are continuously improving
- 4+ years of Project Management experience demonstrated by a proven track record of success in multiple complex projects and/or programs
- 2+ years of experience managing agile product and technology development
- 2+ years’ experience with Agile/Scrum
- Technical aptitude. You can participate in high-level technical discussions including challenges, risks, and trade-offs of various solutions
- Certified Scrum Master, PMP Certified preferred,
- Experience in implementing Agile/Scrum to both new & existing teams and a passion driving change via Agile methodology
- Experience with Project Management Software; JIRA, Rally, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills. You love working with people. You build strong relationships with ease. You interact well with many personality types. You are able to lead effectively without authority
- Excellent communication skills. You bring people together and promote collaboration, self-organization, and transparency. You know when to use verbal vs. written communications. You write effectively and can present your views clearly
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline
- Experience gained in an online organization, preferably e-commerce related
Your Success will be Measured on:
- The Value delivered in every Product Iteration
- Team Health
- Quality of Delivery
- Quality of Communication
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself