QA EngineerToronto, Ontario Requisition Number R0030801 Subsidiary Kijiji
How often do you get to work for a verb? - “I’ll Kijiji my couch… ”
We’re looking for thoughtful engineers with an eye for quality to join our team and help grow Kijiji while keeping our applications beautiful, fast, and delightful. We seek to hire those that amplify the work we do by sharing knowledge and experience with each other creating new ideas, ways of doing things as part of a world-class engineering organization.
We’re deeply committed to meaningful collaboration and not just practicing Agile, but truly being Agile. There is a difference. We value great thinkers, problem solvers, respectful communication, hard work, collaboration, and the sharing of ideas. Simply put, we need Amplifiers that go well beyond the average developer’s production.
As a QA Engineer, you will design, develop, drive and deliver high-level test strategies, methodologies and take a hands-on approach to see that they are implemented timely and efficiently. You will partner with other departments on technical matters and working closely with cross functional teams.
- Deeply understand how all elements of the software components work together
- Develop black box test plans at the feature and product level
- Define quality metrics that provide visibility into the health of each product release
- Write clear, actionable bug reports
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure quick turnaround on fixes
- Report on test execution, defect tracking and regression for project releases
- Create some level of automation using framework.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies and tools
- Web services testing for REST API, Queues and Automation (Jenkins preferred) using standard frameworks
- Knowledge of various software testing methods (Regression, Load/Stress, Code Coverage Analysis, Black/White box testing, Acceptance, Performance)
- Experience creating effective test plans and BDD test cases
- Experience in cross-platform client testing (iOS, Android, Chrome, IE, Safari, Firefox etc.)
- Experience in creating test plans based on end-user scenarios
- Excellent trouble-shooting and analytical skills.
- Prior QA automation testing, quality assurance methodologies and processes experience.
- 6+ years experience
Bonus Points For:
- Experience in e-Commerce
- Experience in online advertising technology
- Experience testing full-stack applications and/or APIs
You’ll need to:
- Be bold
- Be product and value focussed
- Collaborate & Iterate
- Support and guide the platform
- Learn from everyone
- Be generous with what you know
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself