Senior Software Engineer
Intellect, curiosity, commitment, pride, respect, teamwork and good communication skills are what we’re looking for. We expect someone with solid computer science/engineering fundamentals (Including strong knowledge of data structures, algorithm writing skills and Object oriented programming concepts), a strong drive for results, thrives on continuous innovation, dreams big, self-starts, learns fast, gets things done while having fun. And you should be customer focused – because great business results is what our teams are about, and eBay sellers depend on us.
It’s all about the code. High quality, efficient, elegant code that fuels the commerce revolution. Help create the infrastructure and applications that unlock more economic opportunity for millions of people every day. This is your chance to take on some of the most complex technical problems in service of making a tangible impact around the globe.
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem-solver 10
- Productive 9
- Quick-thinking 8
- Team Player 7
- Courageous 6
- Creative 5
If you love new challenges and want to take your career by the horns, eBay is a great place to grow and develop.
eBay Speeds Up Mobile Experiences by Expanding AMP Technology for Product Pages
Mobile web customers will now experience even faster search with the addition of Brands and Interests.
Engineering with a purpose
Our engineering teams are at the forefront of this evolving, dynamic marketplace, with the ultimate goal of helping connect buyers with sellers all across the globe.
Enhancing the User Experience of the Hadoop Ecosystem
At eBay, we have multiple large, multi-tenant clusters. Each of these clusters stores hundreds of petabytes of data.
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Kijiji, part of the fast-growing eBay Classifieds Group at eBay, is the number 1 online Classifieds site in Canada. Reaching more than half of the monthly on-line population, we are one of Canada’s Top 10 digital properties and a leader in helping people find and trade goods and services, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We have succeeded because we behave like a dynamic start-up, have end-to-end control of our business, and hire the best and brightest people. We have a fun, unique, and engaging culture in our new, stylish office located in the historic King and Spadina neighborhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with twelve brands in over 20 countries and more than 1,000 cities around the world. We have built the world’s most successful classifieds company through strong local brands that help people find whatever they’re looking for in their communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust. eBay Classifieds Group combines the entrepreneurial energy of a start-up with the resources and trusted leadership of a major corporation. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun that keeps egos in check.
Kijiji’s technology team is the engine behind Kijiji.ca and is charged with developing, testing, and operating one of the largest ecommerce sites in the country. The Senior Software Engineer will work with a team of talented software engineers focused on building large-scale web applications in an agile, cross-functional environment.
- Be a role model in writing, documenting, and testing code by delivering high quality work
- Be a major voice in technical decision processes around designs, languages and frameworks
- Lead architectural changes from inception to implementation
- Work with business stakeholders across eBay Classifieds Group on all levels to give input and feedback on new and proposed initiatives
- 7+ years' of experience in Software Development with a focus on web/internet
- Masters' degree in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to autonomously manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced, iterative development environment with short turn-around times
- Self-motivated, passionate for technology, and strong driver for results and continual improvement
- Team player - work well independently and in multi-group cross-discipline environment
- Excellent skills in influencing, resolving conflicts
- Demonstrable experience in architecting large, distributed, scalable systems preferably at the same order of magnitude as Kijiji
- Deep knowledge and experience with SQL and NOSQL such as Elastic Search, Redis, MySQL
- Expert knowledge of functional and object oriented programming languages (Java, Scala, Python, Clojure preferred)
- Expert knowledge of tools used in a Devops environment (Puppet, Python etc.)
- A deep understanding of working agile in a web environment, test-driven development, code refactoring
View accessibility info hereR0014462
About our locationToronto Office
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.