Software EngineerToronto, Canada Requisition Number R0029229
How often do you get to work for a verb? I'll Kijiji my couch.
Kijiji, part of the fast-growing eBay Classifieds Group at eBay, is the number 1 online Classifieds site in Canada. We're one of Canada’s Top 10 digital properties—reaching half the country's monthly online audience—and a leader in helping people find and trade goods and services, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We succeed because we behave like a dynamic start-up, have end-to-end control of our business, and hire the best people.
Our office is located in the historic King and Spadina neighborhood, right in the middle of Toronto’s hub of innovation.
Our technology team is the engine behind kijiji.ca and is charged with developing, testing, and operating one of the largest e-commerce sites in the country. We're a team of adept software engineers focused on building large-scale web applications in an agile, multi-functional environment. We believe strongly in a culture of mentorship, support, and mutual respect.
We want diverse people who are driven, brave, and inventive.
- Write clean, well-tested and efficient code.
- Engage with the engineering team for technical decisions around designs, languages, and frameworks.
- Participate in product design, design reviews, and code reviews.
- Assist in keeping the technology stack running and maintainable through monitoring and documentation.
- Work closely with multi-functional product teams on evolving the Kijiji product offering.
- Mentor and support junior developers.
- You have technical experience developing and supporting applications using technologies such as Java, ActiveMQ, MySQL database, and cloud services.
- You have a deep understanding and experience of object-oriented programming.
- You demonstrate an excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms. Excellent analytical skills is also a requirement.
- You know your ways around a Unix/Linux platform.
- You understand why a version control system is necessary and how to use one.
- You are flexible, adaptable, and able to autonomously handle multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced, iterative development environment with short turn-around times.
- You are passionate about learning new technologies and willing to dig into problems.
- You can work both independently and in a team.
- You have 3+ years of experience in software development with a focus on web/internet.
- You hold a degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or have equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Do you know functional programming?
- Are you familiar with distributed systems and microservice architecture?
- Do you care about the end user experience?
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: