Sr. Product Manager - Selling GuidanceToronto, Canada Requisition Number R0038652 Subsidiary eBay
eBay's Seller Experience Team’s goal is to enable our millions of sellers to start, manage and grow their business on eBay efficiently. We do this by building a world-class inventory management system, powerful selling tools and an intelligent guidance platform which advises sellers on how to grow their business on eBay. Today our platform manages more than a billion active listings and millions of transactions every day.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager who will lead the development of cutting edge tools that help our sellers grow their business by delivering critical insights like what kinds of inventory they should source for maximum ROI, how they should price it to be competitive and how they should optimize their overall listing to improve conversion and sales. These insights are built using the latest machine learning algorithms leveraging the vast amounts of data at eBay's disposal. This PM will be responsible for building the next generation user interfaces on web and mobile as well as easy-to-use APIs which are used by larger sellers and partners to directly integrate with eBay's Selling Platform.
The ideal Product Manager for this role is one who (1) Is passionate about the ecommerce experience for millions of sellers and channel partners (2) Is not afraid to think big – machine-learning based insights are still in their infancy – the sky is the limit (3) Has the technical depth to engage with developers and data scientists alike (4) Is meticulous with details while keeping an eye on the big picture and (5) Has a bias for action and a can-do attitude.
This person will collaborate with designers, engineers, user experience researchers, data analysts, technical writers and of course fellow product managers working together to solve our customer problems.
- Engage with sellers to understand customer needs, growth blockers and appropriate ways to deliver various insights to meet their needs
- Partner with user experience researchers to understand customer needs, pain points and triggers for delight
- Partner with UX designers to build clean, delightful experiences which can convey complicated insights in an easy to understand, actionable way
- Define product requirements including writing clear, detailed, and thorough specifications for features
- Analyze usage data, customer research, and marketing research to understand and drive new features & improvements
- Work with the Product Development team to refine and clarify product requirements
- Work with the Quality Engineering team to ensure the final delivery meets product requirements
- Manage the timeline for feature development, ensuring it stays on track and clearly reporting status and issues
- Collaborate with multiple product groups across the company to drive development of end-to-end capabilities/features needed by our sellers
Minimum of 5+ years in building software products as a product manager
Experience as a product manager working with multiple stakeholders and domain product managers.
Experience with product development life-cycle, process flows and working in an agile environment
Experience using data to solve business problems
You have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
A self-starter who is dedicated and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: