Sr. Software Engineer - BackendToronto, Ontario Requisition Number R0025036 Subsidiary Kijiji
Kijiji, part of the fast-growing eBay Classifieds Group at eBay, is the number 1 online Classifieds site in Canada. Reaching half of the monthly on-line population, we are one of Canada’s Top 10 digital properties and a leader in helping people find and trade goods and services, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We have succeeded because we behave like a dynamic start-up, have end-to-end control of our business, and hire the best and brightest people. We have a fun, unique, and engaging culture in our new, stylish office located in the historic King and Spadina neighborhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
Kijiji’s technology team is the engine behind Kijiji.ca and is charged with developing, testing, and operating one of the largest e-commerce sites in the country. The Software Engineer will work with a team of talented software engineers focused on building large-scale web applications in an agile, cross-functional environment.
- Write clean, well tested and efficient code
- Engage with the engineering team in technical decisions around designs, languages and frameworks
- Contribute to keeping the technology stack healthy and maintainable through monitoring and documentation
- Work closely with cross functional product teams on evolving the Kijiji product offering
- Provide support and guidance to more junior developers
- Strong experience with Java programming
- Experience with functional and object oriented programming
- Experience with DevOps tools and environments
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to autonomously manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced, iterative development environment with short turn-around times
- Self-motivated, passionate for technology, and strong driver for results and continual improvement
- Team player - work well independently and in multi-group cross-discipline environment
- 5+ years of experience in software development with a focus on web/internet
- Degree in computer science or equivalent knowledge and experience
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself