Team LeadToronto, Canada Requisition Number R0033182
Kijiji is the #1 online classifieds site in Canada. As one of Canada’s top 10 most-visited digital properties, we reach more than half of Canadian internet users monthly. We’re a leader in helping Canadians find and trade goods and services in their local communities, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We’re proud of our engaged, entrepreneurial and collaborative culture, and we were recently named one of the top Toronto Tech Employer Brands.2 Our stylish office is located in the historic King and Spadina neighbourhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
Come join our team in Toronto, we are looking for a:
You will be part of the Kijiji Agile team located in Toronto. We work entrepreneurially and quickly respond to changes as they emerge across our sizeable and vibrant user base. You will help dynamically execute on our go-to-market strategy to test, learn, and iterate. This opportunity to work for a startup organization, nestled within one of the greatest ecommerce companies in the world, is truly one-of-a-kind. In this role, you will lead a team of developers working closely with the team’s Product Owner to create the next generation of features and functionalities empowering our users. As our Team Leads are cross-functional, having domain knowledge of front and back end technology is an advantage.
We are looking for an experienced individual who is motivated, entrepreneurial, hands-on, analytical, organized, and not afraid to work hard to achieve something great. This person needs a focus on customer needs, communicate clearly, and have a structured approach to problems and projects. Being well-versed in best-in-class websites/apps, being a self-starter, and constantly asking “why” are invaluable traits of an expert Agile practitioner.
- Deep understanding of application delivery through agile practice
- Java: Spring Framework
- Interface: HTML, HTML5, CSS, SASS, CSS
- MySQL, Cassandra, Elastic and/or similar technologies
- 7+ years of web-application development
- 3+ years minimum experience utilizing platforms and technologies for development of mission-critical enterprise applications
- 3+ years leading a team of 5+ developers (both people and functional management)
- 3+ years of experience working on Agile Scrum and/or Kanban team(s)
- Deep experience with TDD and peer review process
- Adept at abstracting complex business and technological requirements into solutions
- Strong understanding of REST architectural style and experience building RESTful APIs and RESTful Web Services
- Experience developing software using domain-driven design approach
- Experience building Reactive Systems
- Customer facing product experience
- Grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Awareness of client-side performance considerations
- Experience in e-Commerce
- Experience in online advertising technology
- Experience scaling global platforms
- Experience in mobile application delivery - bonus points for native development
What we offer:
- A versatile job in a dynamic and rapidly growing company, anchored in the global eBay organization.
- Opportunity to be an influential part of the leadership of an entrepreneurial venture
- An international environment with attractive compensation and career and professional development opportunities
- A great office location on vibrant King West, with a suite of amenities: table soccer, table tennis, free healthy snacks and soft drinks, many different types of coffee, fresh daily fruit, Friday catered lunches and regular team fun activities
- An exciting, fun and diverse team, passion for what we do and how we do it, and a good sense of humor
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Kijiji is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: