Sr. Machine Learning ScientistSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0029399 Subsidiary StubHub
Position: Senior Machine Learning Scientist
Location: San Francisco, CA
StubHub, an eBay company, is the world’s leading online tickets marketplace providing fans a safe, convenient place to get tickets to the games, concerts, and theater shows they want to see, and an easy way to sell their tickets when they can't go.
Are you a creative Senior Machine Learning Scientist with expertise in neural networks, personalized recommendation and market dynamics? Do you want to lead the development of models that will improve a customer’s experience at every level of their interaction with StubHub?
Your work will help customers discover live events and find the best tickets for their taste and budget. You will use the world’s largest dynamically priced ticketing marketplace to predict customer preferences and forecast market trends. You will directly impact the on-site experience of our customers and optimize our marketing efforts. Your expertise in deep learning, data mining and modeling will facilitate your growth in our group, contributing to our efforts in marketplace intelligence and marketing technology.
The data science and machine learning group is a small team of extraordinary scientists and engineers based in StubHub's San Francisco headquarters. We work closely with other teams in the company to establish business goals, to incorporate existing insights into the algorithms, to uncover new opportunities for optimizing the business and to establish rigorous methods for gauging performance.
- Develop deep-learning models using that will uncover our customer’s individual preferences and enable them to find new events they will enjoy attending.
- Collaborate with teams throughout the business deploy your models effectively. We want to surface the best recommendations for customers browsing on the internet, using the StubHub mobile app, learning about upcoming events through email or discovering a great deal in their social media feed.
- Work with experimentation analysts to test and measure the performance of our recommendation algorithms.
- Inspire your teammates with your authoritative knowledge of predictive algorithms and your advanced understanding of software development techniques. You are an expert with TensorFlow, SparkML and Google Cloud Platform.
- Frame complicated problems in simple terms and enjoy clarifying sophisticated solutions.
- Bring a passion for discovery, problem solving and groundbreaking technology.
- A graduate degree in Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Physics, Economics, Computer Science or equivalent quantitative field from an excellent school.
- Over 5 years personally developing statistical and/or machine learned models and algorithms based on data generated by consumer behavior.
- Experience building personalized recommendation systems and deep-learning models.
- A drive to take on new challenges and contribute to multiple projects.
- A cherished memory of an amazing concert or sporting event and a dedication to help others live such experiences.
Organization: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself