Information Security Engineer (MTS-2)San Jose, California Requisition Number R0030512
We are looking for a highly motivated security engineer to join eBay’s Global Information Security team to take on the problems of tomorrow while continuing to build and secure the foundation of today.
We need you to be a hands-on Security Engineer with technology in researching, crafting, and implementing capabilities and defenses to secure and protect eBay’s critical infrastructure.
- Drive threat modeling and security code walkthrough efforts for financial transaction and other e-Commerce workflows
- Own processes for continuously fine-tuning security rules and processes for efficient detection and mitigation
- Design and drive adoption of crypto solution across marketplace applications
- You would help define overall application security strategies and procedures
- You would also help define operational processes to ensure predictable software development outcomes; refine Information Security processes and procedures.
- Develop, recommend, evaluate, integrate, deploy, and maintain security tools including static and dynamic analyzers, security frameworks
- Develop and maintain security utilities and metrics dashboards that help team to track/report on compliance
- Evaluate software security products and technologies, as required
- BSCS degree with 5-8 years of relevant experience or an MS degree with 2+ years of hands-on security experience
- Ability to deep dive into data and analyze for security and fraud anomalies.
- Strong knowledge of threat modeling at Application level is required.
- Strong familiarity with PCI compliance requirements and financial industry usecases highly preferred
- You would be expected to conduct web security assessments and handle vulnerability remediation of applications and web services
- Ability to determine risk based on context
- About 2 years of related hands-on security product development experience (Java, Python, JS) with web applications is a phenomenal addition.
- Working knowledge of encryption technologies is required.
- Development experience in Node.js / Python helpful.
- Experience in other technologies like PHP, and Java is a plus.
- Ability to build automation tools for security processes for both mobile and web applications
- Ability to clearly articulate issues and communicate in an effective and personable manner
- Ability to adjust quickly to the security needs of a highly agile organization
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: