Senior Backend Developer (f/m/d)Dreilinden, Brandenburg Requisition Number R0030678 Subsidiary mobile.de
mobile.de is the most-visited vehicle market for buying and selling vehicles in Germany. There are currently over 1.4 million vehicles - including 154,000 new cars - listed on the site featuring the largest range of cars,
commercial vehicles and motorcycles in Germany. Additional services such as tips and information about buying cars, brokering financing schemes or insurance and online advertising round off the mobile.de offering.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the most challenging product development organizations in eBay Germany.
We support the entire mobile.de platform including our international marketplaces, mobile devices, and build critical technology to build the best of class experience in the vehicle market.
Mobile.de is hiring! The Technology group is looking for a Senior Backend Developer (m/f/d)
The Technology group at mobile.de works in small focused project teams following an agile methodology. Cross functional teams including product management, product development, and UX work on a daily basis to create successful products that have impact and delight our customers.
Our idea of software development:
We work in small, cross-functional teams (backend, frontend and QA engineers), because we believe that the teams want the freedom to take the responsibility for what they create and maintain. We work in the same room with our Product Owners, because we believe that in order to deliver world-class products for our customers, a constant discourse between the development team and the Product Owner is essential. We also cooperate closely with our SiteOps engineers, because we believe that successfully running a high-traffic, high-availability platform works best in a DevOps mindset. We believe in agile, lean, team-defined processes, because we think that, as far as processes are concerned, less is more.
- Creating and supporting the development of high-quality web apps for dealers
- Own the entire development lifecycle from specification to deployment
- Improve and maintain existing applications and services
- Innovate technology, process and product with your team
- Be an active partner for product management and UX in order to provide the best value for our stakeholders and our customers
- 5+ years’ experience as a Java developer (Java 8/11)
- You are an absolute pro in the relevant tech stack: Spring/ Spring Boot/ Linux
- You speak HTTP and REST like your mother tongue
- You get up to speed with new systems and concepts quickly
- You are passionate for clean code, with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- Experience with the relevant CI stack (maven, git, jenkins) and ideally with node/gradle
- Experience with Message Queues: e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and NoSQL (especially MySQL and mongodb)
- You understand that quality is not assured solely by the QA engineer, but by the team
- You firmly believe in lean and agile development (Kanban / Scrum)
- You believe in cross-functional teams and know that responsibility does not end with deployment
- Effective oral and written English communication skills. German language skills not required, but a plus.
What we offer:
- Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor.
- The chance to work closely with other teams in eBay across Europe, North American and APAC.
- High team autonomy and agile environment.
- Work with advanced techniques and state of the art tools.
- A secure place for professional and personal growth.
- We offer continuous development through active trainings and workshops & conferences.
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, regular offsites & team events.
- Beside working in our Dreilinden-office you can work 1day from home and/or in our Motor-Talk office located in Berlin-Friedrichshain (depending on tasks / projects)
- Family friendly company.
- A great campus with fitness center (Yoga, Pilates, Cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, free fruits & vegetables, canteen, cleaning and shuttle-service
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself