Machine Learning EngineerMalmo, Sweden Requisition Number R0028791 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
Core Product Technology (CPT) is a global team responsible for the end-to-end eBay product experience and technology platform. In addition, we are working on the strategy and execution of our payments initiative, transforming payments management on our Marketplace platform which will significantly improve the overall customer experience.
The eBay office in Malmo, Sweden, is a center of excellence in working with massive big data challenges that require innovative AI, machine learning and software engineering approaches to solve successfully in a scalable ways.
The team in Sweden is specialized in transforming massive unstructured data sets in multiple natural languages into structured form. The work is done in collaboration with other eBay groups in different parts of the world. The daily work is more towards ”start-up style” than a large multi-national corporation. By keeping the local organization small, we gain maximum flexibility and agility at the same time as having access to extensive resources for the work at hand.
- Computer Science or related degree, equivalent professional experience or strong personal background in computer programming
- Five years of documented work experience in high-end software engineering
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms, application of standard libraries for AI and machine learning and model validation/testing
- You have worked extensively using Python, Go, C, C++ or other similar programming language. You have good working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems (Linux) and at least have some familiarity with databases, data visualization and libraries.
- Background in AI, machine learning, math or related topic is a clear differentiator, but a potential and interest to learn is what really matters
- MS or PhD in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent documented practical experience
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of Python or Go software development
- Experience in working with large databases using SQL, Hive, Kafka, etc
- Experience in Big Data analysis, visualization and statistics Knowledge of modern approaches to Natural Language Processing using Deep Learning
- Personal interest in software development, computer games, AI/machine learning, math is always a plus
Top Reasons to Work with eBay
- Amazing opportunity to work on interesting machine learning/AI-related problems within a global company with massive data sets and compute resources
- An excellent working environment in city center of Malmo, 3 minutes’ walk from the central train station
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc
- Competitive salary and overall compensation package
- Extensive health insurance
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: