Cloud Data EngineerSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0030301 Subsidiary StubHub
Cloud Data Engineer:
This role will design, develop and deliver Data Solutions for data applications for operational reporting, data analytics, Data Science and partner integration to enable strategic decision making. As a Senior Member of Data Engineering team within the Data and Analytic organization at StubHub will be responsible for the development and implementation of Data Development architecture, innovation is data engineering and supporting data related tasks for data sources across the enterprise. This individual will understand business requirements and help architect optimal data solutions in Google Cloud Platform. He / She will understand complex data requirements based on analysis of current systems and help enhance the existing data model to accommodate new data requirements. He / She will work cross-functionally with Data Analytics, Product, PMO, various Business Units, Enterprise Architecture & Data Warehousing teams to implement BI and Data related initiatives. The right candidate will have experience in developing Data structures, processes in the BI & Data domain and be intimately familiar with software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies. This position requires excellent communication and partnering skills along with the ability to influence and lead solutions.
Provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support across multiple platforms (Cloud, Big-data, RDBMS, etc.)
- Analyze, assimilate and integrate multi-technology data systems by building a unified back-end
platform and a web enabled front-end
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet
requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Involve in all phases of software development from review of functional specification through
assisting with test plans and final QA cycle. Actively participates in monitoring and troubleshooting of production platform related issues
- Perform day-to-day tasks that ensure technology platform remains stable and available to users. Closely work with cross functional team to enhance systems, trouble-shoot data issues, etc
- 3+ years of experience and knowledge of (Cloud, API’s, Python, RDMS, Rub, PHP, Javacript, Docker, NodeJS, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent is desired
- 4+ years of post-college working experience with full life cycle of ETL development in Data Integration projects using various ETL tool and Big Data technologies
- 3+ years Linux/Unix/Perl experience, including scripting and version control with working knowledge of RDBMS (Prefer Oracle)
- 3+ years of Unix development experience is required
- 2+ years of Hadoop using Map Reduce or Hive or Pig or any other Big Data eco-system tool.
- Expertise in Shell scripting, system/process automation is required
- Expertise in data research/analysis with a focus on data quality and consistency is required
- Proficient with Service Oriented Architecture Principles - Micro Services, JSON Structures, SOA integration patterns
- Understand and have some experience working with cloud and other server-less technologies
- Experience designing scalable cloud services
- Experience developing microservices on public cloud (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure, AliCloud)
- Experience developing highly available, scalable distributed systems
- Expertise with Java, Python and other cloud compatible programming languages
- Excellent communication skills for internal and external presentations
- Experience with mentoring, architectural design reviews, and code reviews).
- Understands how to manage availability and performance.
- Understands how to manage and trade off latency and bandwidth in services
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself