Director, Learning & Performance SupportDublin, Ireland Requisition Number R0031514
This is a strategic learning and performance support role. The Learning and Performance Support (LPS) director is responsible for ensuring delivery of end-to-end solutions for eBay's customer support centers, which include teammates, team leaders, and coaches. Solutions may encompass building knowledge and skills, performance coaching , quality programs, knowledge management, and incentive plans, as appropriate. Further, solutions should be built to drive adoption of the changes, deliver high performance across the support network, and contemplate the local needs of different regions, cultures, and languages. The director leads one or more of the LPS functions and is directly accountable for its vision (as part of LPS), strategy, and execution. The director partners with the Sr. Director and the LPS leadership team to create and drive an overall vision, strategy, and execution for the LPS organization. As such, they may represent the organization in multiple capacities and across multiple functions.They also partner with the extended leadership team within GCX to champion and drive changes for their programs that deliver high performance across our full support network (all in-house and partner teams).
Deliverables of the role include:
- Create and align stakeholders on the vision and strategy for the functions you lead. Vision should align with the overall business ambition and goals, and enable great customer experiences and high performance.
- With your leaders, create the infrastructure and supporting processes required to effectively run your programs. This includes roles and responsibilities, KPIs, key tools and workflows, stakeholder engagement, resource management, and others.
- Partner with the Sr. Director, LPS leaders, and eLT leaders to develop and deliver global learning and performance support programs with clear measures of success and that deliver business results.
- Directly manage the leaders of your functions. Perform all levels of performance management, from goal setting to ongoing feedback and development. Coach and mentor them and invest in their career development.
- Represent your functions and/or the full LPS organization in eLT, partner, and other stakeholder forums. Regularly report out on business impact of your functions and continuously improve them based on their performance and business impact.
- Actively contribute and help lead the LPS leadership team in achieving its goals.
Core job requirements include 10 years’ experience in one or more of the LPS functions; former experience in all of them is a plus. Experience integrating solutions and driving change holistically. Experience creating new teams, turning around teams, and/or reimagining functions to serve business needs is highly desirable. Experience leading remote teams at multiple locations and working with a partner network is required.
- 10+ years’ experience leading at least one of the LPS functions (learning, quality, coaching, knowledge management, incentive plans).
- Expert background and application of at least one of the LPS functions in a fast paced, contact center environment.
- Strong business and performance consulting skills with all levels of leaders.
- Strong influencing and change leadership skills. Experience implementing change within a global environment.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and proactive planning capability.
- Experience leading out on learning and/or performance solutions for strategic and/or cross functional business initiatives.
- Experience working in multiple global regions with differing local needs based on changes in business service design, culture, language, and role (employee, partner, contractor, etc). Experience working with external partners is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build deep and wide professional networks.
- Committed to industry best practices; implements best practices in a business environment. Regularly participates in industry events and keeps abreast of changing business strategy and evolving employee approaches to learning and/or performance support.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: