Senior Product Manager, PaymentsSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0031477 Subsidiary eBay
Be challenged. Make an impact. Do cool things that matter. We’re looking for passionate and creative individuals, who are excited to define, build a world-class marketplace payments experience for eBay sellers on the biggest stage in global online commerce. We are offering an opportunity to be part of the fast-moving organization that connects millions of sellers and buyers.
This is a full-time position located in San Jose, CA.
As part of the Payments Seller Experience product team, you bridge the technical and business worlds as you design services that our sellers love. You will work with engineering, payment service, marketing and finance, to name just a few. If you are excited about innovative product ideas and believe in the impact of technology and services oriented platforms in creating new business models with perfection to delight users then you are looking at right opportunity.
- Understand and synthesize customer and business needs from market research, seller visits, and business data.
- Help formulate product strategy for the product line and deliver to a prioritized roadmap that addresses customer needs.
- Define product requirements and manage the overall schedule of a project to deliver features on time with high quality.
- Work with partners in business, engineering and analytics to define, build and launch products features
- Manage communications and expectations with internal stakeholders and eBay seller community
About the Role
- Build a strategic vision, goals & roadmap for optimizing our seller experiences throughout the lifecycle.
- Create a deep understanding of our sellers. Analyze current seller experiences to define friction points. Leverage this to create simple and effective experiences to help sellers accomplish their objectives and create value.
- Collaborate closely with payment service team and regional teams to ensure that the product solution delivers against regional business objectives & seller needs.
- Manage risk, drive business results, and deliver compelling features to drive worldwide seller adoption & engagement.
- Author detailed product requirements and lead scrum teams to enhance seller experiences.
- Build trust and effective relationships with peers and provides leadership across the division, product, and/or partner ecosystem. Contribute and encourage a positive working environment despite constant change.
- Actively uphold an optimistic, can-do attitude.
Qualifications and Competencies
- 5+ years of work experience in product management and/or UX design and/or strategy with a proven record of successfully launching products
- Track of record as a global product manager, designing, building and launching products that customers love and have a real business impact.
- 3+ years of experience with an agile framework.
- Strong interest and understanding in marketplace, and payment business
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and independent motivation
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to drive and implement ideas in a changing environment
- Individual who can prioritize well, communicate effectively, enjoy working in a group of talented, opinionated, highly focused individuals
- You capably elicit high level requirements from both business and technical stakeholders, and can translate those into a detailed, prioritized backlog of work actionable by systems engineers and software developers.
- You actively exercise your advanced verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- Education in technology and business domains – BS in CS/EE or related disciplines is a clear plus, MBA preferred
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: