Snr Product Manager - FinanceSydney, Australia Requisition Number R0031469
Who we are
Gumtree is Australia’s local marketplace connecting buyers and sellers in the local community to buy, sell and find just about everything – from furniture and homewares, to cars and clothing, electronics and business services, and jobs and real estate. There are more than 3 million listings across hundreds of categories and 95,000 new ads are listed each day.
Gumtree launched in Australia in 2007 and is part of eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) – a global collection of brands. Our purpose is to empower people and create economic opportunities for all.
Who you are
You’re someone who is passionate about providing true customer value and are able to step in the shoes of various customer personas? You believe that great experiences originate from knowing your customer? And that unlocking the customer value will generate business value.
You will have a passion for your craft, and you will have your finger on the pulse of internet trends. You are inspired by best-in-class experiences and brands that cultivate a unique approach to problem solving. As a self-starter, you are able to multitask across different projects, teams and are driven by achievement.
- Help shape Gumtree’s product vision that will empower the lives of millions of Australians
- Play a part in building a strong customer-centric and achievement culture
- Define and drive the future product vision and success criteria for your allocated journey team/topic area
- Together with the broader team you will create a seamless customer journey
- Take on challenges and translate them into your product plan and idea backlog
- Work with the design team to validate and prioritise the idea backlog
- Own the day to day responsibility of the product development backlog and pipeline
- Work with Technology in an Agile development environment
- Track the outcome of product initiatives and define next iterations
- Manage and mentor a small team of product analysts and drive an experimentation culture
- Work with a wide range of business stakeholders; commercial, marketing, customer support, analytics and global partners
- A seasoned Snr Product Manager with proven experience delivering outstanding multi-platform product experiences for an online consumer-oriented company.
- Previous experience in Finance/Loan application advantageous, but not mandatory
- Strong matrix (cross functional team) leadership skills
- Excellent management and leadership skills, including great success stories of mentoring and coaching team members
- Comfortable working in an agile environment and an advocate of experimentation
- Good problem-solving capabilities and an analytical mind with a focus on outcomes, not outputs
- Demonstrate persuasive written, visual and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven track record of delivering outstanding customer experiences
- Ability to influence senior leaders and facilitate meetings at all levels within our organisation
- Exceptional intellectual curiosity, a passion for problem solving and comfortable working w/ ambiguity
What we offer
- An exciting work environment with interdisciplinary teams
- A great atmosphere and open company culture
- Lots of room for your own creative ideas
- Modern office in Sydney CBD
- Overseas travel opportunities
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: