Network Operations LeadDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0032045 Subsidiary eBay
We are looking for a Network Engineer Lead to join our team of engineers to manage our network that spans across our global infrastructure.
You must be able to work in a multi-functional, fast-paced, high-intensity team environment. Work closely with contractors, third party vendors as well as our internal customer directly. You will provide ad hoc advice, presentation support and attend meetings as needed with little or no notice. This will include meetings to align with timezones in other world regions - eBay is a global company. You must be flexible.
You are a self-starter, love the challenge of solving problems, building solutions to help the company scale. You use leading-edge hardware, software-defined networking, cloud networks, and traditional networking to work on a variety of challenging and innovative projects. You are motivated to help yourself and the team grow.
- Support operations for over physical network appliances and virtual nodes
- Triage tickets related to data centers, Internet applications, and worldwide office connectivity across switches, routers, firewalls, and VPN
- Respond to automated monitors and alerts to troubleshoot network issues
- Traffic flow analysis using Netflow etc
- Troubleshooting of all Layer 2 and Layer 3 connectivity issues.
- Configuration & verification of the TACACS access on network devices.
- Troubleshoot production networks in real time while maintaining high system availability
- Complete network upgrades
- Must have leadership experience and ability to be the primary network POC for this effort and able to report progress weekly
- Coordinates operations onsite and reports results and status to the OCIO leadership team.
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
- Continuously analyze the current processes, technologies, and vendors to identify areas of improvement
- Identify, prepare, and/or ensure completion of high quality, professional deliverables to include: user guides, technical documents, training documents, performance reviews, KPI reports, new employee documents, SOPs, and other documents deemed important by OCIO Leadership
- Must be available to work weekends and after hours when needed or be on call at certain times as needed
- Work with team to ensure documentation and knowledge sharing is adequate and there is no single point of failure
- Positive attitude and ability to motivate a team
- Work effectively with and provide guidance to other members of the workgroup
- Coordinate and participate in a rotating on-call schedule
- Develop employees and foster cultural values
- Mentors and trains more junior network employees
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, and training or work experience.
- 5 years' experience gained in a live Network Operations environment
- 2 or more years of management/supervisory experience within an IT department required
- Experience managing Infrastructure and/or Network Engineering teams
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, Juniper, Aruba certifications or equivalent
- Experience with change management processes and implementation
- Hands-on experience with Palo Alto Networks Firewalls is considered a plus.
- Experience with routing/switching protocols (EIGRP, BGP, HSRP, STP, LACP, etc.), and other standard protocols (TCP/UDP, RADIUS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP)
- Knowledge of Multicast, IPv4, IPv6, QOS
- Experience configuring, maintaining, testing, and installing IOS upgrades on Cisco network
- Experience with products from vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, F5, Palo Alto, etc
- Solid grasp of common network services including DHCP/DNS/IPAM/NTP, with the ability to set up, monitor, and troubleshoot on Infoblox appliances.
- Advanced knowledge of converged network infrastructure systems, switched fabrics, trunked interconnectivity via EtherChannel or Virtual Port Channel (vPC), and VLANs
- Experience in configuring Static and Dynamic Routing Protocols (including BGP and OSPF)
- Solid understanding of OSI or TCP/IP model
- Experience with industry standard network monitoring, management, and packet analysis tools for network/application performance tuning/troubleshooting; including SolarWinds, Zabbix, and Wireshark packet analyzer
- Experience in technical project management and demonstrated ability to take a project through all phases of implementation as well as post-implementation follow-up is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of wireless controllers (HP Aruba, Cisco, Juniper), wireless access points and the ability to deploy and configure them.
- Must be a self-learner
- Positive attitude and ability to motivate a team
- Experience working with VPN, firewalls, routers, and switches (Cisco/Juniper)
- Experience with VMWare
- Strong experience writing technical documents and processes
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: