Risk & Trust Strategy AnalystSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0040440 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
At the core of everything we do, we ensure that eBay’s customers are front-and-center in all our strategic decisions and that we execute our plans with our customers as our most important priority. The team is comprised of Payments, Risk and Trust organizations and
this position will focus on our counterfeit and prohibited item enforcement. We are seeking an expert business analyst who will utilize their intellectual curiosity to synthesize data and uncover new insights that can drive business results.
In this role you will be focused on motivating change through data analysis! You will rigorously seek the truth that empowers the business to improve. A successful employee will offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style. This role will require you to roll-up your-sleeves, be action-oriented and to immediately have impact in our fast-paced never-boring environment. The right employee will have exceptional social skills, initiative, and integrity!
- Analyze eBay's large and rich datasets, driving insights that will improve the user experience.
- Communicate business performance in a clear and insightful way empowering the business to make timely and informed decisions.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes, and data pipelines for large scale data analyses, A/B testing, and related model development.
- Optimally apply project management fundamentals to analytics projects you lead.
- Develop crisp and accurate reporting.
- Streamline processes, identify and execute automation that builds time-savings and reduces non-value-added work.
- Work multi-functionally with Policy, Finance and Product teams to provide ad-hoc analytic support for senior management.
Required Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree +6 years related experience in finance and analytics.
- Master’s degree +3 years related experience in finance and analytics.
- Proven ability to operate successfully in highly complex environments from both data and business perspectives.
- Advanced understanding of SQL/SAS/Python and Control group testing (or A/B test, Experiment design).
- Exceptionally attentive to detail and embracing of teamwork.
- Exceptional understanding of data warehouse architecture.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: