Manager, Software Development 2Shanghai, China Requisition Number R0033061
eBay China Center of Excellence (CCOE) is seeking software development manager to be part of Marketing Tech team. Marketing Tech CCOE team develops Paid Internet Marketing related applications to drive traffic for eBay by sending item Ads or recommendation on Google, Facebook and third-party websites. Our mission is to bring new users and increase item purchasing conversion for eBay. Platform includes Science platform and Experimentation Platform to enable scientists test new ideas to improve eBay’s marketing business; Campaign Management Platform to flexibly setup Ads campaign and bidding strategy. Big-data Platform like Feeds and Marketing Data Platform to bring in high quality traffic to eBay; Tracking Platform to give insights of channel efficiency to accelerate development and quick respond to marketing.
- Own and drive the development process, both front and back end, to deliver against the product roadmap
- Manage teams of developers designing and implementing new functionality, as well as improving existing products
- Participate in strategic planning and management for resources, environments and releases
- Own scheduling and on-time delivery of features throughout the software development lifecycle
- Work across specialists, architects, product managers and development teams to deliver highly scalable and reliable software deployment and management services
- Recruit top talent and passionate about growing them.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Math or related fields
- 10 – 15 years of professional experiences with at least 5 years hands-on in some
High level programming language e.g. Java, Scala, C++
J2EE, Linux/Apache development
Distributed systems and big data projects, like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc
OO-based design and development
Database design and programming (Oracle/MySQL/MongoDB)
- 5 years experiences in high traffic ecommerce or B2C internet company
- Demonstrable track record of delivering successful web applications with particular emphasis in managing SOA, API development
- Experiences with web and Spring Applications framework is huge plus.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with remote team across geographies and time zone is essential
- Ability to inspire, motivate and care for employees while looking out for company viability
- Strong organizational, people management, project management and customer interaction skills
- Strong communication. Fluent English (Verbal & Writing).
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: