iOS Engineer (m/f/x)Berlin, Germany Requisition Number R0034530
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
In Germany, we have two of our leading brands – mobile.de and eBay Kleinanzeigen: mobile.de is the most-visited vehicle market for buying and selling vehicles in Germany and eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most visited general classifieds proposition in Germany.
The newly founded eCG Motors vertical operates from our offices in Amsterdam, Berlin-Friedrichshain, and Dreilinden near Potsdam. Located in Berlin Friedrichshain, you will work on cutting-edge technology and impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and site.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a new, innovative product and we are looking for you as a:
Senior iOS Engineer (m/f/x)
As a Senior iOS Engineer in the global motors vertical of eCG, you will be part of a cross-functional team (frontend, backend, Android developers and PMs), developing, maintaining and improving the global eCG motors Android app. You will sync with your fellow teammates within the team and colleagues worldwide on features and newest developments. You will steer the architectural decisions and mentor your fellow iOS teammates.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Help architect, build, iterate and manage our global mobile iOS application
- Help create the team around you and its processes early on
- Ensure that code is compliant with the latest design standards and best-practices
- Mentor other iOS developers in the team in architecture, process and the different aspects of a large scale iOS app
- Help to raise the overall skill and quality level through pairing and design/code reviews
- Push forward our testing strategy including unit and UI tests
- Partner closely with frontend, backend, Android and product management team members to continuously improve the global iOS app
- Keep legacy in check while being pragmatic about solutions
- Research and prototype solutions to difficult problems
- At least 3 years of experience in iOS development
- Enthusiasm for iOS development, beautiful, pragmatic code and an eye for simplicity
- Expert understanding and experience with the iOS platform
- Proficient in how to use XCode and Instruments
- Expert programming skills in Objective-C and Swift (Language and APIs)
- Good knowledge in testing frameworks
- Expert know-how in object-oriented software design and design patterns
- Proficient experience with client/server architectures using HTTP, REST, XML and JSON
- Real-life reference or open-source projects (Github / Bitbucket / Stackoverflow Account) is a plus
- Effective oral and written English communication skills
What we offer:
- A family-friendly company
- A dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and professionalism
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget, company pension scheme, employee stock plans, developer-grade notebook or desktop of your choice (Mac/PC)
Looking to leave your footprint in motors e-commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, and share vehicles around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose-driven team that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join the eBay Classifieds Group Motors vertical.
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: