Mobile Security EngineerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0035550
Come work for one of the top Bay Area tech companies! We’re expanding our Mobile Security team and looking for an experienced engineer to lead code security projects, participate in secure mobile application and backend services design, and help move our growing mobile platform forward.
The Mobile Security group works under the Architecture and Engineering discipline of our Infosec team and supports the security design and consultation needs of the rest of our global business. This role is hands-on and will engage daily with developers and other security teams to ensure our mobile products continue to be trusted by our customers.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in designing, implementing, testing and deploying software applications, with focus on performance, scalability and security
- Experience in application security, network security, secure code analysis, cryptography and system security
- Current, hands-on experience in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: C/C++, Java, Objective C, Python
- Experience with building dynamic scanning/testing tools for mobile platforms
- Experience in secure coding techniques and source code analysis - ability to find security vulnerabilities in code, such as buffer overflows, integer overruns, etc.
- Excellent understanding of Mobile Platform Security - Android or iOS
- Ability to work independently and lead projects - from requirements analysis of features to release, and subsequent maintenance and support of these features
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Android and iOS application security expertise
- Good understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures
- Knowledge of OAuth and Mobile API design
- Experience with handling OWASP Top 10 for Mobile
- Experience with building backend for mobile applications
- Knowledge of Secure Execution Environment (Trust Zone is preferable)
- Knowledge of secure protocols (SSL/TLS, SCP, CMS, X509)
- Ability to pick up new programming languages, such as Swift and Go
- Flexibility in moving to unfamiliar/new technologies
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: