Sr. Mobile Release Engineer
San Jose, California
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
As a Senior Mobile Release Engineer on the eBay Mobile DevOps team, you will help keep the Mobile CI pipeline running at top efficiency. We need smart and passionate engineers who are obsessed with squeezing every bit of performance out of a build system, and can work side-by-side with other Release and Test engineers to ensure consistent, high-confidence delivery through a CI pipeline. Given the high visibility of this role, you will be expected to work with several cross-functional teams.
About the Team:
We work as a collaborative team with the shared goal of delivering excellent software, anchored in an agile culture of quality, delivery, and innovation. We encourage our software engineers to embrace shared responsibility for writing testable, high performance, maintainable code. We deliver working software in short sprints via iterative and incremental development practices. Individuals on our team are motivated, trusted and continuously focused on technical perfection.
- Drive a team of Tools, Infrastructure, Test and Release Engineers focused on improving developer velocity, scalability and testability of the eBay's diverse project areas and platforms.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure.
- Create the next generation developer tooling and infrastructure for eBay's mobile Apps, focusing on productivity, testing and release.
- Track and monitor the usage/consumption of Infrastructure specific services; ensure performance and SLA/OLA adherence
- Coordinate all production systems, information systems, and technology infrastructure necessary to support application/platform prior to deployment
- Collaborate with leadership and key partners on a regular basis.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of hands-on technical experience
- Programming experience in Java, Python
- Experience with developing automated internal frameworks, increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health and building developer tools
- Good understanding of microservice-based architecture
- Experience with CI/CD principles, architecture and operations
Nice to have skills:
- Django, Flask, Swift, Objective C, Kotlin
- Understanding of principles of DevSecOps. Familiarity with Hashicorp Vault preferred
- Ability to implement infrastructure as code
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related degree
- 7 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience in the design, implementation and delivery of scalable build/test/release
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years