Senior Backend Engineer (d/f/m)Dreilinden, Brandenburg Requisition Number R0035780 Subsidiary mobile.de
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with multiple brands across the globe.
We are shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them.
mobile.de, part of the eBay Classifieds Group, is the largest online vehicle marketplace in Germany with more than 1.5 million vehicles and more than 16 million unique visitors per month.
About the team:
We are currently looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (d/f/m) for our Dealer Product Team. We believe in agile, team-defined processes. Together with our Product owner, we build outstanding significant products. Are you a self-starter with a passion for backend, a problem solver and have a keen eye for maintainable and testable code? In this case, you will love working with us.
- Build excellent products for our users in a pragmatic, agile, iterative, test-and-learn driven and scalable way
- Maintain and improve existing applications
- Write high quality clean beautiful code
- Be an active partner for product management, UX and business. You provide technical solutions for business challenges and opportunities.
- With your team, you continuously innovate and improve technology, process, product, and business as well as holistically own the entire DevOps lifecycle from specification to running in production and keep an eye on our business numbers as well
- Ensure the quality of your product because you understand the quality is the responsibility of the entire team
- Participate as well as lead design and code reviews
- Be a mentor for other team members and help to grow a highly skilled and engaged team
- 3-5 years of experience as a Java 8+ developer in interdisciplinary agile teams
- You speak HTTP and REST/JSON like your mother tongue
- You possess a proven understanding of the following tech stack: Spring/ Spring Boot/ Linux
- Sound knowledge of SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Experience with continuous delivery systems and build tools (Jenkins, Git, Gradle, Maven, SBT)
- Experience with Apache Kafka and Elasticsearch is a plus
- Good knowledge of Big-Data related technologies (e.g. Elastic Search, Spark, Hadoop) is a huge plus
- You believe in collaboration, especially in cross-functional agile teams
- You understand that responsibility does not end with deployment!
- You are proficient in English – German language skills are a plus
What we offer:
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- Family friendliness, flexible working hours and home office possibilities
- Meaningful work with a diverse, highly-skilled, fun and friendly team
- Competitive salary and outstanding benefits, e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, the latest MacBook Pro, Notebook, PC - you name it
- An excellent campus in Dreilinden/Berlin, with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee bar, canteen and shuttle-service from S-Bahn Wannsee.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel mobile.de is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself