eBay Payments Risk AnalystSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0041009 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Global Payments, Billing & Risk (GPBR) function at eBay works to ensure great experiences when buyers and sellers come together and engage in commerce on the biggest marketplace in the world. This involves comprehensively understanding Payments, billing & risks on platform, identifying the opportunity areas, and helping build scalable solutions to drive great user experience. Analytics is critical for a data driven Payments function. Core analytics capabilities include the ability to instrument right KPI’s, identify the landscape of entire function, figure out opportunities for improvement work with product and payment providers to craft scalable solutions, and monitor their performance. The GPBR Analytics and Insights team builds this behavioral intelligence by exploring innovative interpretations of existing and new sources of data, using advanced analytical techniques, and overlaying the appropriate strategies to deliver world class results. The group is multi-disciplinary with broad spectrum of industry experiences and deep analytical and quantitative expertise.
We are currently seeking a high energy, driven, collaborative team member that brings extensive problem solving skills to further its goal of applying cutting-edge analytics, Insights and visualization to drive payments roadmap.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Frame a business question in analytics terms and structure the required analyses.
- Work with large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets, leveraging eBay’s massive and rich databases. Drive deeper understanding of the function with thorough analytics and insights. Drive engagement with business units with accurate measurement and forecast of initiatives benefits.
- Work with global partners (like Policy, Product, Technology, Trust, Operations, Risk, Payment providers) to understand payment flow (internal/external) and factors influencing checkout and payments. Help build products/policies that enable optimal user experiences, facilitate timely and informed decision making by delivering high quality analytical results.
- Drive insights and understanding to help design, plan, and execute methodologies to measure successes of business initiatives.
- Develop, improve and systemize crisp & accurate reporting. Streamline processes and identify/execute on automation and time-saving opportunities.
- Rapidly learn new concepts (technical, risk, business, payments flow, external innovation in payments) is a critical success factor in this role
- Willingness to join immediately
- BS/BA degree or equivalent, with 3+ years of related professional experience.
- Experience in efficient manipulation and analysis of large data sets
- Advanced SQL, SAS, Excel capabilities, solid understanding of database concepts along with experience in Teradata and Oracle
- Strong knowledge and experience in Statistics and Optimization (Multivariate testing, Experiment design, A/B testing, Forecasting and Predictive analytics and Optimization algorithms); hands-on experience in building and using Statistical and Machine Learning models a plus
- Strong programming skills (SQL, Hadoop MapReduce, Java, Python), and statistical modeling (SAS, SPSS or R)
- Degree in quantitative disciplines like Statistics, Econometrics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research or Computer Science a requirement.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.