MTS, Software Engineer
San Jose, California
Interested in real-time processing terabytes of data and turning it into products? Are you passionate about big data processing and cloud technologies? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic environment, be part of a world class team making an impact in the industry?
If so, look no further, eBay Seattle is the right place for you! Take your career to the next level, come join our team and play a big role driving the next generation data services and solutions at eBay enabling billions in global connected ecommerce. As a valued member of the team at eBay that develops world-class behavior analytics product as well as generate insights through data science, you will make important contributions. Design and build behavioral data insights platform, deliver analytics product, combine qualitative and quantitative data to convince people with your actionable insights thus improve the user experience.
People in the team are friendly, highly motivated, and extremely bright. Our team tries to maintain a work climate of professionalism, innovation, career growth, and fun. We provide you with the best opportunity to work in a challenging, highly visible and fast paced environment.
- Implement proof-of-concept prototypes for data collection, analysis, and presentation.
- Technical lead for new and existing product initiatives, assist with definition of product direction
- Define, design, troubleshoot, and debug complex, multi-tier distributed software applications on eBay platform.
- Implement intuitive UI visualizations for business metrics with open web frameworks
- Estimate engineering effort, plan execution cycles, and rollout system changes.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, BSA’s, ETL engineers in creating next generation data services platforms
- 8+ years of experience in software development area with at least 5+ years’ experience in Java & Unix Programming
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies, distributed systems programming
- Extensive Streaming process knowledge
- Extensive Java/Flink/Hadoop/Spark knowledge
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Outstanding algorithms knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Lead projects through entire development lifecycle from concept to release
- Experience with agile and waterfall project development methodologies
- Experience with high-volume data warehouse design for DW/Data-Lake OLAP is a plus
- Knowledgeable in Java APIs, REST APIs, Services Architecture is a plus
- Experience with web frameworks like AngularJS, NodeJS and data visualization JS libraries is a plus
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years