Technical Product Manager, IdentitySan Jose, California Requisition Number R0035834 Subsidiary eBay
Identity Platform PM
Ebay’s Identity group is seeking out a hardworking and versatile Technical Identity Platform Product Manager. The Identity Core Platform plays a meaningful role in connecting the various domains of eBay and delivering the services that power the entire marketplace. The Identity team plays a unique role in both the critical backend services and some of the most important and open front-end user experiences. As an industry, Identity is in an exciting moment with privacy, mobility, and technological advances driving significant changes in our work with impacts across all of our 180M buyers and sellers. The Identity team in the last year has made huge contributions to Buyer Growth, New User Acquisition, Bot Mitigation, Payments & Risk, and User Account Security, among others. We are looking for a Technical PM that can help us build the platform level components, but we also expect this person to have an eye towards user experience. The Technical PM role will focus on Identity Platform with likely a mix of other projects from across the domain.
- Reciprocal Leader. You can translate a problem and its solution to interested parties of varying backgrounds to ignite passion and support for your product or ideas. You build an environment that encourages others to bring creative ideas forward.
- Strategic Thinker: You can develop a deep understanding of your product vision, the value it brings to customers and the business
- Strong Executor. You are wired for action and can push through obstacles and challenges to get to the finish line while maintaining impeccable quality and integrity.
- Versatile, standout colleague. You are comfortable with a changing environment and are eager to seek new and different challenges as the circumstances decide.
- Compassionate. You work to deeply understand the end-user and help build solutions that create a delightful user experience.
- Define and drive product strategy and roadmap in collaboration with partners across eBay.
- Serve as an Identity domain authority and monitor broader industry trends related to Identity, Risk, Security, and User Experiences.
- Support, actively engage, and effectively communicate with internal colleagues and partners who are either leading projects or supporting your projects.
- Be flexible and willing to jump into new challenges that arise across the domain.
- Lead an Agile scrum team.
- 8 + years combined engineering and technical product management experience
- 3 + years in Identity, Platform, Risk, or Security is a plus
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline, MBA a plus
- Experience in an agile environment
Here at eBay, we love building opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: