Senior Product Manager - Data ScienceBellevue, Washington Requisition Number R0036070 Subsidiary eBay
Product Manager-Data Science
Bring your passion for applied data science to a high-impact marketing team at eBay! eBay has consistently been the leader in market share of paid marketing partners like Google, Bing, Facebook and Pinterest. The eBay Performance Marketing organization needs a strong product owner for applying state-of-the-art machine learning models and data science to optimize our results. eBay Performance Marketing is a cross-functional team of account managers, product managers, engineers, data scientists and data analysts working together in agile teams.
eBay is looking for a highly motivated, analytical and entrepreneurial Product Manager to join our team to lead and optimize key components of eBay’s marketing footprint through the application of advanced models and methods in applied data science. The Product Manager is the empowered leader who defines the vision, requirements, drives implementation, evolution, and maintenance of models, applications, and decision support systems. Work with a global, bright, energetic, & talented team of high-performance applied data scientists and engineers.
Do you like taking initiative? Do you want a role with a high degree of ownership? Unleash your strong product and project management skills, sound financial acumen, strong analytical mind-set, solid technical understanding, high attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and expertise in driving consensus across multiple partners/stakeholders. If you are interested in this exhilarating position, we may have a job that is a perfect fit for you.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute scrum product owner duties within the applied science team of eBay’s Performance Marketing and Marketing Technology organizations
- Craft product requirements in the form of epics, user stories, and business success measurements. Run execution of the scrum team to ensure applied science functionalities are built, shipped, evolved, and maintained optimally.
- Foster a learning organization that improves over time, increasing accuracy of estimation, scheduling, efficiency, and impact
- Build and maintain a testing roadmap across multiple marketing channels, including collaboration with Analytics, on detailed testing techniques.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all major marketing channels as well as the levers that optimize for customer and financial success with varying business success measures
- Translate business needs and opportunities to prioritized product requirements; work with business partners and other stakeholders to understand their channel needs and identify opportunities for greatest customer and financial impact
- Develop simple business cases -- conduct ad-hoc data analysis and modeling for investigation and quantification of business impact
- Closely partner with data science and engineering teams to turn product backlog into live functionality that drives customer and business value
- Establish strong relationships with all key stakeholders, as well as technology and analytics teams to enable successful end-to-end product lifecycle process
- Manage stakeholder expectations by proactively communicating product status
- Establish goals, review metrics, and change course to improve financial success
- Partner with cross-functional partners on executing and completing projects
- 5+ years’ total experience, 3+ experience in product development/product management, preferably in the ecommerce space
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, finance, machine learning, or related technical/scientific fields
- Scientific mindset – ability to make quantitative and qualitative observations, come up with well-formed hypotheses, design and run experiments to test, learn and optimize for optimal customer experience and financial outcomes
- Strong affinity to embracing evidence and using data for decisions and priorities
- Ability to conceptualize business problems and solve them through data analysis
- Experience with and thorough understanding of multiple online marketing channels and platforms, such as search engine marketing/paid search (Google Ads, comparison shopping/product listing ads), social media advertising (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest), display advertising (GDN), and affiliate marketing
- Sufficient technical background to work effectively with the science and engineering teams
- Understanding of common data science methodologies, such as regression, clustering, decision trees, convex optimization, deep learning models.
- An understanding of technologies and platforms that power scalable data science products (e.g. Hadoop, pyspark, xgboost, etc.)
- Strong personal work ethic, including personal initiative and ownership – can perform duties with little to no supervision
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve overall product development and delivery effectiveness
- Ability to prioritize and delivery on multiple threads of work in a dynamic constantly changing environment
- Knowledge of advanced data mining and machine learning methods (deep learning, neural networks, etc.)
- Hands on experience with R, Python, Spark or equivalent data analysis tools
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior management
- MBA or MS in engineering, math, or sciences
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: