(Senior) Financial Controller (d/f/m)Dreilinden, Germany Requisition Number R0036154
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to connect to the wider community. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate about local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
We are looking for an (Senior) Financial Controller (d/f/m).
In this position, you will be responsible for all Accounting processes of mobile.de and eBay Kleinanzeigen. This includes most and foremost our regular Month-, Quarter- and Year-End Closes, but also includes the responsibility for the creation of our financial statements, Tax Returns, SOX and other financial compliance. You and your team are also contributors to various, strategically vital projects like our Billing migration project.
- Lead the mobile.de and eBay Kleinanzeigen Accounting Team (3 FTE & 1 Intern). Develop your team members in line with eBay's leadership expectations
- Coordinate and support our month-, quarter- and year-end close processes in line with US GAAP requirements
- Prepare financial and consolidated financial statements according to Local GAAP (HGB)
- Prepare VAT and Tax return
- Prepare (SOX) reconciliations
- Manage external financial and tax audits
- Manage and secure eBay and SOX Compliance, ensure communication to and training of Budget managers
- Monitor and improve Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes
- Coordinate legal administration processes and continuously work on increased efficiency
- Manage internal and external audit processes
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience, with a bias towards Accounting and Controlling
- Proven operational finance capability; close & compliance experience
- Ambition to develop personally and professionally to grow within this role and/or into higher levels in the organization
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex problems in a clear concise way for the business
- Proven ability to successfully partner and influence with the different levels in the organization
- The ideal candidate will combine multi-national, public company experience with experience in a smaller, more nimble organization with broad exposure
- Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Navision, SAP or similar consolidating/reporting tools
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficiency in German and English, written and spoken
What do we offer:
- International career opportunities throughout eBay
- Competitive salary, home office possibilities and outstanding benefits, e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, the latest MacBook Pro, Notebook, PC - you name it
- Annual budget for training and attending international conferences
- An excellent campus in Dreilinden/Berlin, with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee bar, canteen and shuttle-service from S-Bahn Wannsee.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: