SQL Server DeveloperRye Brook, New York Requisition Number R0036773 Subsidiary eBay
WHI, an ebay company, is a leading provider of Distribution Management, Electronic Parts Catalog, and E-Business solutions to the automotive aftermarket industry. We are looking for a SQL Server Developer with proven experience in working with high volume data. The right candidate will have experience in database design, architecting solutions, database development and process automation, performance tuning of complex procedures, and production support in a fast-paced environment. Your primary function will be to work with the catalog development team to design and develop database applications in support of business needs.
***This role will be based in WHI's Rye Brook, NY office. Candidates must be willing and able to work out of the Rye Brook office full time. This is NOT a remote position***
What You Bring to the Team:
- 5 - 8 years of SQL development.
- Experience maintaining large databases/supporting existing custom database applications.
- Advance level expertise with MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2008-2017.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server partitioning and indexing strategies.
- Ability to work with multiple data sources in SQL Server.
- Code review and performance tuning of complex queries, procedures.
- Perform Database and table modeling and optimization.
- Develop new database applications from conception to delivery using agile development framework.
- Ability to quickly understand complicated systems.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment (a must).
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- A self-starter and able to work on projects as part of a team or independently.
- Comfortable communicating in a team environment and able to communicate effectively with upper management and cross departmental staff.
- Written communications skills will include system and database documentation, table schema, data dictionary, metadata documentation and workflow processes.
- Experience in a B2B/B2C business connectivity model environment is a plus.
- Advance SQL Development with MS SQL Server 2008-2017.
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2008-2017.
- Advance level SQL optimization techniques.
- Stored Procedures and process automation.
- Data conversion from different data and files systems into SQL Database.
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2008-2017 preferred.
- DBA skills a big plus but not mandatory.
- Database modeling and tools such as Erwin.
- Report generation (SSRS, Crystal, Excel).
- MySQL- a plus.
- Experience with NOSQL technologies a big plus.
- Automotive applications experience is a BIG plus.
- Optional .NET development experience.
- Agile/Scrum preferred.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: