MTS1, Software Engineer(Hadoop)Shanghai, China Requisition Number R0036693
• Support and enhance open source distributed computing platform technology.
• Contribute to the open source community on Hadoop related projects.
• Lead and participate to the design and implementation of analytics infrastructure to align with the vision of eBay Platform Infrastructure.
• Provide technical consultancy to engineers on Hadoop Map Reduce and Spark development.
• Focus on innovative ideas to drive the future of open source technology for patent filing and open source community contribution.
• Design and implement technical solutions to support the ecosystem of Analytics Infrastructure.
• Work with a team of engineering expertise to design and develop innovative technical solutions.
• Proven successful track record of 5+ years of software engineering design and development experience with strong background of open source technology.
• Strong development skills in Java and Scala with strong sense of performance, scalability, concurrency and extensibility.
• Have passion and strong engineering background on dealing with big data in the eCommerce industry.
• Excellent background on computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skill on both defect and performance issue resolution.
• Proven result oriented individual with delivery focus in a high velocity, high quality environment.
• Experience in big data processing is a plus.
• Strong communication skills in oral and written English.
• Working experience in multi-national company is a plus.
• Strong inter-personal networking skills with the ability to relate to executives and other team members through all organizational levels.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: