Product Manager, Gumtree AppsCape Town, South Africa Requisition Number R0037110 Subsidiary Gumtree
Gumtree is South Africa’s most popular classifieds site, with over 5 million unique visitors shopping on Gumtree every month. 1.9 million are shopping just for cars, which is why Gumtree is the proud host of South Africa’s first and only Pre-Owned Car Awards and the annual Women in Autos event.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
eCG Emerging Markets is responsible for a portfolio of fast-growing classifieds businesses within eCG. These include our general classifieds site in South Africa (Gumtree.co.za) and our Real Estate classifieds business in Mexico (Vivanuncios.com.mx).
We are looking for someone with a consistent track record of building great customer experiences for online classifieds, marketplace or ecommerce to join our Gumtree team. If you are an experienced Product Manager who builds apps with a 'customer first' attitude, thrives on delivering business value, and passionate about using technology to solve user problems, we’d love to meet you.
Reporting to our Head of Product in San Francisco, you will be based in our Cape Town office with frequent travel to our other offices.
- Own the product life cycle, from planning through discovery to execution
- Provide customer centric and business savvy product leadership
- Use deep understanding of building apps in a South African context to make product decisions
- Prioritize, develop and launch continuous experiments which aim to deliver customer and business value
- Maintain a hypothesis-driven approach, using qualitative and quantitative data to validate ideas
- Define user stories and maintain a well-groomed product backlog
- Work with engineering and UX to deliver world-class customer experiences
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners, including marketing, sales and support to ensure transparency, consensus and alignment around priorities and milestones.
- 3+ years in product management within an agile environment
- 3+ experience in building "best-in-class" experiences for mobile apps for the South African market
- Experience in developing C2C or B2C products
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced ambitious environment with multiple priorities
- Comfortable managing partners across global environments, cultures, locations, and time zones by maintaining flexible working hours.
- Ability to think big and deep dive into details
- Experience in automotive products would be desirable
- Experience with in-app programmatic advertising a plus
- Strong communication skills and collaborative in nature
We love crafting opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Gumtree is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: