Senior Software EngineerToronto, Canada Requisition Number R0037237
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a significant impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
Kijiji, part of the fast-growing eBay Classifieds Group at eBay, is the number 1 online Classifieds site in Canada. Reaching half of the monthly on-line population, we are one of Canada’s Top 10 digital properties and a leader in helping people find and trade goods and services, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We have succeeded because we behave like a multifaceted start-up, have end-to-end control of our business, and hire the best and brightest people.
Kijiji’s technology team is the engine behind kijiji.ca and is charged with developing, testing, and operating one of the largest e-commerce sites in the country. You will work with a team of hardworking software engineers passionate about building large-scale web applications in an agile, multi-functional environment. We have a fun, outstanding, and engaging culture in our new, stylish office located in the historic King and Spadina neighborhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
- Write clean, well tested and efficient code
- Engage with the engineering team in technical decisions around designs, languages and frameworks
- Contribute in product design, design reviews and code reviews; can competently review any aspect of their product.
- Participate in keeping the technology stack healthy and maintainable through monitoring and documentation
- Work closely with multi-functional product teams on evolving the Kijiji product offering
- Provide support and mentorship to the junior developers
- Proven technical experience developing and supporting mobile applications and mobile APIs (see below for technologies we use)
- You have a deep understanding and experience of object-oriented programming
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms. Excellent problem solving skills is also a requirement
- You know your ways around a Unix/Linux platform
- You know why version control system (we use Git) is meaningful and how to use it
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to autonomously prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced, iterative development environment with short turn-around times
- You are hardworking to learn new technologies and willing to dig into problems
- Works well independently and in teams
- 3+ years of experience in software development with a focus on mobile APIs!
- Degree in Computer Science / Engineering - or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Understanding of distributed systems and microservice architecture
We use the following technologies/frameworks:
- Java (8-11!)
- Spring MVC and Spring Boot
- MySQL and Cassandra
- ActiveMQ and Kafka
- Apache Mesos/Marathon/Chronos
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: