Counterfeits/Prohibited Items AnalystAustin, Texas
Draper, Utah Requisition Number R0037543
Improving buyer trust in the eBay marketplace and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations is top priority for eBay. When a counterfeit or illegal item is listed, eBay is exposed to regulatory risk and potential fines. The seller who listed the item exposes themselves to legal risk, financial loss, and they may lose selling privileges. This also undermines buyer trust as they are less likely to purchase in the future.
The analyst will be an integral part of the Customer Trust team focused on eliminating counterfeit and prohibited items from the marketplace. The analyst will help build dashboards to track the efficacy of the team’s work as well as perform analysis to determine the impact the team’s work is having on the sellers, buyers, and the eBay marketplace. The analyst will make recommendations to the team to improve processes based on their analysis.
The role reports to the Sr. Manager, Counterfeits and Prohibited Items Change Management. The position will be based in our Austin, Texas location. Regular domestic and occasional international business travel will be required.
- Functional understanding of the eBay marketplace
- Analytic and strategy development skills coupled with excellent implementation skills and a track record of results
- A willingness to challenge existing approaches
- Ability to think holistically about the impact that any changes will have on both eBay’s buyers and sellers
- An affinity to connect with eBay sellers and buyers, and an appreciation for how programs may need to be tailored for them
- Proven ability to operate successfully in highly complex environments from both data and commercial perspectives.
- Expert Excel (pivot tables, advance functions, statistics), Access and PowerPoint skills; Superior skills in SQL coding and database query (e.g., SQL) and understanding of data warehouse architecture are required.
- Outstanding communication skills – oral and written, including ability to deliver compelling presentations to internal and external groups
- Ability to communicate effectively in email and with PowerPoint to executive audiences.
- Ability to build credibility with partners
- Outstanding personal initiative, a “can-do” attitude
- The highest degree of personal integrity
- BS/BA degree in related field and 2+ years related experience, or 3+ years related experience; Masters or MBA degree preferred
- Degrees in business, economics, or statistics preferred
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: